Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the temps here are going to be around the 50degree mark I’m thinking about unwrapping two bikes today. Anyone else have that urge today. My other bike in Ohio went for a small ride yesterday my son-in-law got it cleaned and running yesterday.
image.jpg

·
2,718 Posts
Right at freezing here today and sunny. Warm enough to go rinse some salt off the cars without them becoming carsicles, but not even close to riding weather (especially with the salty roads).

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’ve just got the itch but the roads still have salt on them as well as ice in spots not worth crashing my bike. But I do need to make a list for the stuff needed before riding season is here.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All of my bikes have new brakes and oil but there is always upgrades to consider like the lights. What are the switchback bulbs and are they a direct replacement for the stock bulbs. Or do you have to switch out the bulb socket.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
The switchback bulbs are 1157 replacement bulbs that go in th efront directional sockets. They are white untill you put on blinker then they flash yellow. You do need white lens covers. Some say that they have to file one of the pins off to fit. I checked mile out and i won't have to i don't know if previous owner switched them out. There are some threads about them i will see if i can find and edit my post

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Welcome to the site. That is awesome i have too much salt on my roads to get her out. Where are you from? I think i might pull my Classic out of the garage and get some work done though. It's getting closer

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,872 Posts
Well I am new here because I just bought a 2013 v star 950 tourer and I rode it to work yesterday it was a little chilly at 32* but with all my leathers on and only a twenty minute ride I made it just fine :)
Noticed this was you first post. Drop by the New Members Introduction Section so we get to know you.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So as I couldn’t resist the two here fired right up so three out of 4 up and running now. Will probably get to my buddies shop and get the Suzuki running too still looking for a different bike to purchase still thinking about the Road Star. As I’m looking to get rid of the Suzuki C50.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Luckily I’m in central Oregon and they don’t use salt here, they do use cinder though and you’ve got to be really careful especially on the corners

·
Registered
397 Posts
Middle 60's here, have the front door open with just the screen.....we rode to Hardee's for a biscuit.....then to Dollar General so wife could bargain shop....off to Wally world for a few groceries.....then back home and played with the puppy in the front yard......salt air around here is for the summer at the beach......

·
Registered
272 Posts
48 here today and will be 46 tomorrow. Very very tempted but have other things to do. Which translates to wife will kill me if I jump on the bike instead of the honey do list.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
48 here today and will be 46 tomorrow. Very very tempted but have other things to do. Which translates to wife will kill me if I jump on the bike instead of the honey do list.
That darn honey do list gets in the way. But still very tempting!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts