Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got to go out for a ride Saturday and Sunday being the sun was shining and was 45 degrees.
Tomorrow is supposed to be sunny and 56 degrees.
Still cold in the mornings though so now I am left with the decision to ride to work in 25 to 30 degree weather and ride home in nice weather.
I hate cold mornings!

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dress warm. I ride snowmobiles in -35 degree temperatures often and when warmly dressed....I don't feel the cold.
Yeah I have a Yamaha snowmobile jacket and is impressively warm. If you can keep the wind out, you will be a warmer.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I wore my sled jacket and my over pants and wasn't too bad in 27 degree weather but wish i had my go pro this morning because I took nice 50 mph country road to work as I normally do.
It was day break and still a little dark. I was 11 miles down the road when not one, but two whitetail deer jumped out in front of me!
I breifely caught movement to my right and that's when they leaped out but that is when I let off the throttle and eased the brakes on, the made their way across the road.
The deer were about 3 feet in front of me. (So close that I saw the white on their tails and were about 70 pounds each)
I think my cobra exhaust helped make them move a little faster too.
All I can say is that I was going the 50 mph speed limit and if I was going any faster, I could have gotten my ass kicked.

Remember that spring is approaching and go the speed limit!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts