Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to put a set of drag bars on my bike at some point and I'm looking for information.
Like the title says, I'm wondering if the Yamaha Double T Fat handlebars will fit on a V Star 1100? On the official Yamaha website in the Accessories for the 1100 they list the normal Double T handlebar. The Fat ones have more pullback and are wider though, so I was thinking I'd like them more if they were compatible with the 1100 triple tree.
Anybody have the Double T Fat bars on their 1100 or know if they will work with the 1100 even though Yamaha lists them as Warrior accessories?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Risers

I see Yamaha also has risers for your bike now. Risers also move the handlebars rearward due to the rake of the forks.

I have also seen some put Venture bars on. They are not as wide and have more pull back. Check with your dealer to be sure they fit.

Can't help you on your question about T Bars.
Dave

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
If you have a caliper measure them. I'm leery of the word "Fat" in the wording.

·
Banned
4,088 Posts
I want to put a set of drag bars on my bike at some point and I'm looking for information.
Like the title says, I'm wondering if the Yamaha Double T Fat handlebars will fit on a V Star 1100? On the official Yamaha website in the Accessories for the 1100 they list the normal Double T handlebar. The Fat ones have more pullback and are wider though, so I was thinking I'd like them more if they were compatible with the 1100 triple tree.
Anybody have the Double T Fat bars on their 1100 or know if they will work with the 1100 even though Yamaha lists them as Warrior accessories?

Thanks
The warrior has 100mm center to center distance on the risers, so if you have the same then you should be good to go.

Do internal wiring if you have the time and patience because the end results are worth the blood sweat and tears.

One other thing to keep in mind is more pull back and wider grip to grip distance can force you to get longer throttle, clutch and front brake cables. Internal wiring will definitley make you get longer switch wires. Let me know if you need some advice on internal wiring, I've done it.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
If the diameter of the tubing isn't the same you'll end up needing new control housings and risers.

·
Banned
4,088 Posts
Also true but most drag bars are tapered at the ends to allow the use of 1 inch diameter switch housings and mirror perches

most if not all drag bars are one piece weldments with risers welded to the cross bar

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
I have read online that the 1 1/4" down to 1" drag bar made for Yamaha AND sold only SA/WA STATES have been on re-call. It seams that a small number got by somebody:eek: Also the center line of a 1100 is about 4" or about 105mm

·
Banned
4,088 Posts
I have read online that the 1 1/4" down to 1" drag bar made for Yamaha AND sold only SA/WA STATES have been on re-call. It seams that a small number got by somebody:eek: Also the center line of a 1100 is about 4" or about 105mm
hmmmm maybe the Warrior was 105mm , I bought Carlini super sweeps and 4 inch risers does sound familiiar.

As for the Yami TT fats, I put up a thread here that explains the recall:

http://www.starbikeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2837&highlight=recall

1 - 9 of 9 Posts