Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

21 - 40 of 76 Posts

·
Administrator
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
How To Quote
When you see a post that you want to quote, click the reply button on that post. It will automatically add the quoted content to the content area where you can add your reply/comments following the code.

How To Multi-Quote

Step 1
: Click the multi-quote icon at the bottom of each post that you want to quote.

Step 2: Scroll down to the text editor where you are going to write your post. Click "Insert Quotes".

Step 3: A small window will pop up for you to verify (or delete) quoted content that will be added to your post. Click "Quote messages".

Final Step: The quoted content will automatically be added to the text editor. Add your comments and click to post your reply.

Added Notes: You can multi-quote from more than one discussion thread in the forum. You can also simply highlight the part of the text you want to quote. A small popup will allow you to choose the multi-quote option using just the selected content.

- Cricket

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
It appears the more you post, the more points/trophies you get. Also works for likes you received. Appears that 113 points is the max. Hopefully an administrator will fill us in on any other details.
So you are saying points are like a quarterback rating. You don't really now how to get them what they mean but you like to have them. Perfect rating is 113. I better get tossing!

·
1,481 Posts
Kudos to admin for the tutorials and the Moderators for helping out. But one thing I miss is the list of who is online at the bottom of the forum list. Or maybe I just haven't found it yet.

·
1,481 Posts
Is there somewhere in my profile where I can see my previous posts and threads started? In the last format they called it statistics.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
4,672 Posts
Is there somewhere in my profile where I can see my previous posts and threads started? In the last format they called it statistics.
Hope this helps.

·
1,481 Posts
Cool, Now I know where my posts are is there a way to see the threads I have started. I went to advanced search and put in my name and didn't get what I wanted.

·
4,672 Posts
Is there a way to view side bar on a mobile device? I use both my android phone and tablet most of the time. The side bar is not there. On my desktop it's there. I confirmed my setting on mobile devices and side bar is enabled.

Who’s Online?

When you are reading a thread, you will see a green dot on the avatar of those who are online.

If you want to see everyone who is currently online (depending on their settings) you can find this information on the members page.

On the forum listing page or on any forum sections, you will see a Top Contributors box in the sidebar. Click on View All.

This will bring you to the Members page with options in the left sidebar, including who is online.

You can also search to find a member.

- Cricket

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Two of the things i love about this new software is you can click on "Jump to latest. And the other is the top bar comes down so you can go back to new without wasting a lot of time scrolling.

·
Administrator
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Kudos to admin for the tutorials and the Moderators for helping out. But one thing I miss is the list of who is online at the bottom of the forum list. Or maybe I just haven't found it yet.
Who’s Online?
When you are reading a thread, you will see a green dot on the avatar of those who are online.

If you want to see everyone who is currently online (depending on their settings) you can find this information on the members page.

On the forum listing page or on any forum sections, you will see a Top Contributors box in the sidebar. Click on View All.

This will bring you to the Members page with options in the left sidebar, including who is online.

You can also search to find a member.

- Cricket

·
Administrator
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Two of the things i love about this new software is you can click on "Jump to latest. And the other is the top bar comes down so you can go back to new without wasting a lot of time scrolling.
The top of every thread has a jump to latest button.

The primary navigation remains in the upper right -hand corner of the site no matter where you are on the page.

- Cricket

·
Administrator
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Navigating Thread Listing

• Clicking the thread title will take you to where you left off, the 1st unread post.
  • Clicking the timestamp below the title will take you to the 1st post of the thread.
  • Clicking the timestamp above the last poster user takes you to the last (newest) post.
- Cricket

·
Administrator
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Is there a way to view side bar on a mobile device? I use both my android phone and tablet most of the time. The side bar is not there. On my desktop it's there. I confirmed my setting on mobile devices and side bar is enabled.
The site automatically resizes based on the size of your monitor. On smaller screens, there may not be room for the sidebar.

Have you already tried turning your device horizontally?

- Cricket

·
Administrator
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Cool, Now I know where my posts are is there a way to see the threads I have started. I went to advanced search and put in my name and didn't get what I wanted.
You can find them on your profile or within the following tab.

Click on your avatar near the upper right-hand corner of the site and select “following” from the drop-down menu.

This will bring you to a page where you can choose to view followed discussions, forums, your discussions, and participated discussions.

- Cricket

·
4,672 Posts
The site automatically resizes based on the size of your monitor. On smaller screens, there may not be room for the sidebar.

Have you already tried turning your device horizontally?

- Cricket
Thanks, that worked. I feel technically challenged now. o_O:unsure:

21 - 40 of 76 Posts