Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

61 - 76 of 76 Posts

·
Administrator
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
taptalk threads are currently stuck on loading on my mobile even after rebooting app and restarting phone. it was working last night.
Can you send on a screenshot in a conversation so I can best understand how to assist you?

-Gerrit

·
Super Moderator
13,121 Posts
this is really unfortunate. i tried a gif 3 different ways from yet another source including saving it to my PC and then uploading it and none of them will gif. this really is flipped from the previous version on this site. giphy.com is so far the only site that i can post any gif in and it used to be the only site that i couldn't paste a gif from.

so these gifs i posted in that thread are working correctly on my phone using tapatalk but will not gif with either chrome, IE, or firefox on either my home or work computer. same is true for previous gifs i've posted.

·
Administrator
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Thanks gents! We are always still looking for your constructive feedback too. If there are things you find you don't like or could be improved on, we want to know. Your collective feedback is how we make it better and helps us learn how you are spending your time here and make it better.
-Philip

·
Administrator
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
I noticed that there are a handful of new members have had no interaction with the forum. This is one of the reasons the introduction is so important.
Some join to observe and later post or sometimes send messages to a member about a For Sale post.

Jeff M

·
Super Moderator
13,121 Posts
what's the harm in having them first say hello? are there really any people out there that won't make a single post on the forum because they're scared to first do a simple "hi" post? it's what helps build the community of this site and have people here welcome them to the fold. and if someone chooses to only make a single post after their introduction, then that's perfectly fine as well. having people post in the introductions forum is like having people walk through the front door of a home rather than climbing in through a bathroom window.

also, i would greatly appreciate it if there was some way to make gifs work like they used to on the old format. you've listed some sites that work and i keep finding sites that don't but used to before the changeover.

·
Administrator
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
what's the harm in having them first say hello? are there really any people out there that won't make a single post on the forum because they're scared to first do a simple "hi" post? it's what helps build the community of this site and have people here welcome them to the fold. and if someone chooses to only make a single post after their introduction, then that's perfectly fine as well. having people post in the introductions forum is like having people walk through the front door of a home rather than climbing in through a bathroom window.

also, i would greatly appreciate it if there was some way to make gifs work like they used to on the old format. you've listed some sites that work and i keep finding sites that don't but used to before the changeover.
Gifs are on the to do list with the dev team.

If you see a user make a first post outside the intro section we can reply with a note to politley suggest they drop in and post an intro, get comfortable and stick around.
-Philip

·
Registered
146 Posts
Am not a fan of the intro section. Some forums require an intro before you can post . Kind of boring with 20 posts saying ,Welcome, 20 times.
I would rather just contribute to the conversation with the knowledge I have on the topic .
I am comfortable and will stick around as long as I have the 650. Great people here with a lot of knowledge. Thanks!

·
Administrator
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Am not a fan of the intro section. Some forums require an intro before you can post . Kind of boring with 20 posts saying ,Welcome, 20 times.
I would rather just contribute to the conversation with the knowledge I have on the topic .
I am comfortable and will stick around as long as I have the 650. Great people here with a lot of knowledge. Thanks!
Hey there, The requirements to post are currently not set up and hopefully that means we see plenty of knowledgable folks being able to openly share their information and questions right out the gate. Let me know if you have further questions about this software update. :)

-Gerrit

·
2,251 Posts
I agree with Pat and bevo on reinstating the introduction. While I admit I found it a little odd when I signed up, the responses made me feel welcome and I know it contributed to my feeling more comfortable in contributing more. Whenever I notice a "new member" or "new to the site" type of thread I always respond in the hopes that they will get the same feeling of welcome and help us build this amazing forum.

·
Super Moderator
6,100 Posts
I agree with Yamaha Pat and NorthernRider.
When I joined in 2013, I was warmly greeted and have made many friends from this forum. As a moderator I think we should keep the requirement of the introduction section, it has helped me direct them to find answers they may have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
4,672 Posts
If you see a user make a first post outside the intro section we can reply with a note to politley suggest they drop in and post an intro, get comfortable and stick around.
-Philip
When you said "we", did you mean the forum members or the admin/site?

61 - 76 of 76 Posts