Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
I for one and that is all I speak for, would like to know the rides that are out there. Maybe one could plan long summer ride and make one or two of these runs. Now knows maybe some can become a meet-an-greet:eek:

·
Registered
108 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stratowart
There's some chit chat about some way for members to post rides.
Do you have any way to add a "Ride" section and sub-section it by state, region, country etc..?
Thanks for listening,
Jeff

Sub-sectioned by state or region is a great idea! :cool:

·
Registered
778 Posts
Okay here's one suggestion:
Main Blue banner is "Regional Discussions"

Sub folders can be:
U.S. Northeast (ME, VT, NH, MA, RI, CT, NY)

U.S. East Central (NJ, DE, DC, MD, PA, VA, WV)

U.S. Southeast (NC, SC, KY, TN, GA, AL, MS, FL)

U.S. North Central (ND, SD, MN, WI, MI, IL, IN, OH)

U.S. Mid Central (MI, NE, KS, IA, MO, WY, CO)

U.S. South Central (OK, AR, LA, TX)

U.S. Northwest (AK, WA, OR, UT, ID)

U.S. West (CA, NV, AZ, NM, HI)

Canada

Europe

Austrailia

Puerto Rico
I could go for this one.

·
Banned
1,741 Posts
Okay here's one suggestion:
Main Blue banner is "Regional Discussions"

Sub folders can be:
U.S. Northeast (ME, VT, NH, MA, RI, CT, NY)

U.S. East Central (NJ, DE, DC, MD, PA, VA, WV)

U.S. Southeast (NC, SC, KY, TN, GA, AL, MS, FL)

U.S. North Central (ND, SD, MN, WI, MI, IL, IN, OH)

U.S. Mid Central (MI, NE, KS, IA, MO, WY, CO)

U.S. South Central (OK, AR, LA, TX)

U.S. Northwest (AK, WA, OR, UT, ID)

U.S. West (CA, NV, AZ, NM, HI)

Canada

Europe

Austrailia

Puerto Rico
A worthy suggestion from my good--if geographically challenged--friend Stratowart.

Wyoming's welcome signs proudly boast "Forever West"; Coloradans would probably secede from the union if they were identified as anything "Mid" and not "West"; and my home of 17 years, proud Montana, appears nowhere at all!!:eek:

But what can you expect from Stratowart? Given his color preference, he simply "blue it" again:D:D:D

·
Registered
35 Posts
I love long road trips!!!! Was actually already planning a coast to coast for next summer 6100 miles round trip....

I do like your ideas on sub or main forums about planned rides for your specific regions. Does anyone have an information on groups such as non profit or organizations? Not to into MC's to many rules and too much politics for my liking...

·
Registered
340 Posts
I've seen other forums that have a map (optional of course) showing where members are. I little more precise that the sub-forums.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I humbly submit my suggestion : Sub forums for custom builds will be an awesome addition. Right now custom builds are buried in the regular forums. Only way to get specific item we search - it'd be really nice if the Discussion was broken down into Categories.

For Example

V-Star
[Bobber Builds] [Chopper Builds] [Seat Mods] [Exaust Mods] [Wiring Mods]

Thanks Much & Thanks for letting us Submit our Ideas :)

·
Registered
81 Posts
I own a trailer queen- a 1956 Ford with a 292 older automatic (a slush-a-magic) transmission. Several years ago I took it on the cross country run that Hot Rod magazine sponsors to show my support for the hot rod scene.

I think something like that would be wonderful where we could join the group when it comes to our area and we can drop out when we need to return back home to take care of issues. I enjoyed the Hot Rod run and think it would be great to do a motorcycle run similar to that.

·
Banned
137 Posts
In Minnesota I found a group called Star Touring & Riding that is all about taking rides twice a month with only a small membership fee. We went on one of their rides in June. They allow all bikes to belong. We have not had time to do any other ride with them this year. If you search for that group in your state you may find or talk to someone about setting up a regional group. If you do a lot of riding it may not bother you to ride an hour or so to get there for the longer ride. http://mnstar.org/ is the home page then you can go to the local chapters.

·
Administrator
13,290 Posts
this site is in the process of getting several updates. it might be down for a couple hours once they start. if so, just check back a little later and when it's back up, the updates should be applied.

AWESOME NEWS!! administration wants to hear from YOU what fresh new changes you'd like to see, and they need to know RIGHT NOW, ASAP. anyone have any ideas of things you want to see and do on here?

·
Super Moderator
6,411 Posts
I'd like to see some organized regional rides, groups, clubs, etc. More exposure for bobbers, cafe racers, even some rat rod projects to inspire one another. This is just my opinion.

·
Banned
137 Posts
Organized Rides

The first question was about local or regional rides available to do or join. I will try to explain further. If you look in your state for a Star Touring and Riding group you should find or with the help of the state group you can set up a local or regional group. Right now we have to ride an hour before we can join the group to do local rides with them. Some of the meetings start with a meeting and breakfast then the ride after that, we are not conditioned for long rides yet. The group we road with had Harley's, Wing's, Kawasaki's and BMW's. If you look at the site I posted you will see there are regional rides available. We have tried to start a local group that is 30 minutes away but have not been successful. I hope this better explains my answer. There is a forum called 1300 Tourer that has a lot of mods posted but the site is barely functional.

·
Super Moderator
6,411 Posts
Bevo, if your question was for me as well, I think some of what Kirk was talking about, categories about custom builds, etc. I'd like to see a motorcycle "power tour" so to speak if that was possible. I live in a pretty populated area and have trouble finding rides for Yamaha owners. Maybe I'm not looking hard enough, or in the right places. What little I have found appears to be fairly inactive. Again, that might be my fault. I think Vanderlinden explained it quite well. Again, just my opinion, and hope this may answer any questions.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.