Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am having a hard time going over the site. It takes forever to load a thread. Every time i click on anything it takes almost 2-5 minutes to load the page, even the home page. It may be my problem, but i do not have any problems with any other forums i visit. Also, i can not add an Avitar or post a signature pic. I use Tinypic to store and post pics from. I can post a pic in a thread from there. I would appreciate any help i can get to correct these problems. Thank you.

·
Registered
845 Posts
I am having a hard time going over the site. It takes forever to load a thread. Every time i click on anything it takes almost 2-5 minutes to load the page, even the home page. It may be my problem, but i do not have any problems with any other forums i visit... Thank you.

·
Registered
794 Posts
I use Firefox and have never had a problem with this site loading...

·
Registered
845 Posts
Firefox and Safari, using three different computers on 3 networks, Windows 8.1 on Ethernet, XP on Wifi and Newest Apple on Verizon.

ALL slow loading this sites pages. no issues with any other sites. Some days its a little better but never snappy fast, last week was terrible, just gave up.

Hope this helps, actually, as I am responding, the site is running almost frustrating slow and Im on my fastest network and favorite computer right now. (ps Im good with electronics, its my field)

Ps, (for the others) Windows new systems 8.1 and into the future are as secure as ever, Yes they maybe the target of attack because of how popular but dont fall into a false sense of security by using another browser, you need to keep any browser updated. I would encourage any new computer owner they are safe, even safest with Windows 8.1 and future versions. One smart idea would be to use Windows 8.1 and future versions for banking, then Firefox or others for everyday stuff like this or the other way around.

Right now the biggest security problem is with google, being so popular now across all platforms, including EVERY android phone out there

I like Firefox too ... but actually feel safer with 8.1 or make sure it is the very newest Firefox.
and if really worried about security ... the VAST majority of security issues are caused by people downloading viruses AND clicking on emails that they are fooled into opening. More or less, most issues are caused by the people themselves not by a hack breaking into your system.

·
Registered
845 Posts
I notice at times the site can be somewhat balky as well. IE 11 user here.
Great photo! If one thing I miss about NY was going upstate NY from Long Island, even during the winter, heck mostly the winter beautiful up there.

But, I like the long warm season here and what got me into bikes, even though its 41 degrees this morning ... geez.

·
Administrator
344 Posts
Hey guys,

Thank you for letting us know what browsers you're using. It seems like the issue is not browser specific. When the forum loads slow for you what URL do you see in the status bar? The status bar is located at the bottom left corner of the screen when content is loading on the page.

Please let us know and we can look into what is slowly down the page loading.

Thanks

~ dm, community support

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Another issue I have noticed as well is pictures loading. If its a single pic it just flat out will not load. I have to click on it and it will then open in a separate window. If the post has several pics, I can scroll through the black windows (click on the "next" box at the base of the pic) and once I get back to the beginning I can see them. Hope that made sense. Using IE 11. Have never paid any attention to the status bar in the lower left but will. While mine is slow to load it never takes minutes for a page to open. Its much slower than say several months ago but not as bad for me as some others apparently.

·
Registered
894 Posts
I haven't noticed any problems whatsoever. I even unrestricted the site temporarily and still no problems.

·
Registered
845 Posts
i always load the site from a bookmark using firefox that goes straight to the forums page: http://www.starbikeforums.com/forums. i don't experience any slow issues. i use a desktop with a wireless transmitter to my in-home router.
I did the above url, which is pretty much the same thing from google, site is working faster today, maybe better said the pages do not hang up to the point where it is pointless trying to access this forum.

But, it still takes an average for 20 seconds for a page to load and for me to be able to reply to this post, it took 30 seconds for the reply box to come up.
Long story short, like a lot of forums, they are packing so many ads in and many of these ad servers are subpar, they hang up the entire page until the ads load.
I was watching the status bar, there are just so many now. This is happening to a lot of forum sites, they are getting greedy, packing in so many ads.

Forum Sites need to be careful because like anything, someday, someone will come along without bogged down ad laden pages and have super speedy load times and we know how that goes ...

Ps. the reason some people notice it and some do not is it depends on where you live and what servers are supplying your region, servers are all over the country and world, we all do not post and get the pages/ads we view here from the same source

·
Administrator
344 Posts
Another issue I have noticed as well is pictures loading. If its a single pic it just flat out will not load. I have to click on it and it will then open in a separate window. If the post has several pics, I can scroll through the black windows (click on the "next" box at the base of the pic) and once I get back to the beginning I can see them. Hope that made sense. Using IE 11. Have never paid any attention to the status bar in the lower left but will. While mine is slow to load it never takes minutes for a page to open. Its much slower than say several months ago but not as bad for me as some others apparently.
Hello,

I don't suppose you could post a few screenshots of the image issue?

Thank you!

As for the site slowness, I have reported that to the tech team and they will look into the URLs that are hanging on the status bar.

~Km, community support

1 - 20 of 45 Posts