Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So went on a nice ride today, and when I got home I went to pull it in the garage and I noticed the idle picked up a bit high, wasnt sure why but figured nothing of it.

About 5 minutes later, i was standing in the garage, when out of nowhere, a small sprits of fuel came shooting out the right side cover, under the seat and a little on the ground.

I pulled the side covers off, and inspected it.

There was no signs of fuel leaking at all, all the hoses are good, no cracks that I could see.

So i started it up and let it run for awhile as I kept an eye out for any kind of leak. Revved it a bit, and Nothing.

Its definatley fuel, I smelled it and there was a very strong odor of fuel.

I cant seem to find where it came from though, and Thought it was weird.

Another thing, things are pretty dirty under those side covers (dusty) and there are no signs of clean marks from fuel but who knows.

Any help?

Id like to ride tommorow and not have any issues

·
Registered
5 Posts
So went on a nice ride today, and when I got home I went to pull it in the garage and I noticed the idle picked up a bit high, wasnt sure why but figured nothing of it.

About 5 minutes later, i was standing in the garage, when out of nowhere, a small sprits of fuel came shooting out the right side cover, under the seat and a little on the ground.

I pulled the side covers off, and inspected it.

There was no signs of fuel leaking at all, all the hoses are good, no cracks that I could see.

So i started it up and let it run for awhile as I kept an eye out for any kind of leak. Revved it a bit, and Nothing.

Its definatley fuel, I smelled it and there was a very strong odor of fuel.

I cant seem to find where it came from though, and Thought it was weird.

Another thing, things are pretty dirty under those side covers (dusty) and there are no signs of clean marks from fuel but who knows.

Any help?

Id like to ride tommorow and not have any issues
I'm having a simillar problem, my fuel is comming out of the breather box opening like it's comming out of a breather hose or something. It dumps right down onto the motor and pipes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts