Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

This happened to me a while back and thought nothing of it, cleaned it and it never happened again. Its a weird oily leak smells like gass but residue is dirt from the road and very sticky and oil. This is coming from the side of engine.

Any hints about this will be appreciated, i'll be taking the carbs apart sometime soon to do a cleanup but would like to trouble shoot this directly.

PICTURES SPEAK LOUDER.

ImageUploadedByMO Free1413935489.256129.jpg ImageUploadedByMO Free1413935501.536291.jpg ImageUploadedByMO Free1413935517.528320.jpg

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Looks like you may have to remove your tank to have a look at a few things. Once the tank is removed, have a look at your crankcase vent if it's still hooked up to your air box. Since the tank is off, open up the air box and check for oil in there. A bit is normal, few drops, but not excessive amounts. If there is a lot of oil, this could be because your oil level is to high. My 2 cents from your description and pics.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like you may have to remove your tank to have a look at a few things. Once the tank is removed, have a look at your crankcase vent if it's still hooked up to your air box. Since the tank is off, open up the air box and check for oil in there. A bit is normal, few drops, but not excessive amounts. If there is a lot of oil, this could be because your oil level is to high. My 2 cents from your description and pics.

thanks alot!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts