Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2002 roadstar 19k when I bought it. 24 now... three months later yes I ride a lot.

So far I have purchased:
SS Customs Bagger Fender (I like the stock look over the bad dad)
Bad Dad nacelle
Adjure headlight
Yamaha passing lamps
Carlini 14" fatty apes
Avon excalibur grips, passenger pegs, foot pegs rear brake and heel toe shifter.
Custom Dynamics Dual Plasma rods
Custom Dynamics rear lighted curved plate
Mustang back rest
Fast Air intake PMI stuff on its way to go over it
Custom 2 into 1 exhaust built to my specs.
Barons clutch kit springs and new plates (needed it anyways)
Dchoppercustoms bagger brackets
Harley Saddlebags off an Ultra Glide
10 strips of RED LEDs to light her up at night
Candy apply rade base coat paint
1 pound of candy apple metal flake
1 gallon of HOK euro clear

Debating on:
Raked tree kit
23-26 front wheel and custom fender.

So I finally got 99% of the crap I have been waiting on the wife said it seems like youve been getting something new daily and I have an awesome box collection growing in the game room :D.

This week I will start ripping it all apart for powder coating on all the stuff I want black including the front forks. I will be doing a tank stretch and then I will start painting the tank, front fender side covers and bags. I am still waiting for my fender to arrive as its built to order at SS Customs I plan on stretching it another 2-4 inches as well and I will stretch the bags to match. I like the lines of the rear fender on the roadstart and the Bad Dad kit makes it look like everyone elses roadglide ultraglide or road king with the same rear fender from the back... Its suppose to be orignal not all the same so I don't own a Harley I don't want it to look like a Harley...

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pics will come as I start to put it together right now its just a bunch of boxes in a room.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fender mounted, brackets mounted, bags mounted. Debating on where to put the plate. Intake is complete. Converted Harley PMI stuff to work with roadstar stuff. Looks cool. Paint will start this weekned. FLH front fender should be in today so I can get that mocked up as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Some random pics of the progress so far. I ddin't get to finidh painting last weekend like I planned as my dad was in a serious motorcycle wreck spent the weekend at the hospital Friday - Monday. Watch your surroundings guys and be careful at intersections where parking lots can pull out in front of you...

Attachments

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That red looks sparkly
HOK candy apple red
Big Daddy Red Ruined Retina Red Monster size. IE bass boat sized flake.

It really pops in the sunlight even more the outdoor pic does it zero justice. I was going to put black scallops on some spots but I am leaning towards and all bright azz red bike.

I always put candy over my colored flake BTW when you are doing the sainding coats you will always always have one or two that stand up in the clear no matter how hard you try and you have little silvere sparkles in there and it drives me nuts. So 2 coats of candy and then 3 of final clear. After four coats of clear after I dry flake it. I am pretty sure I will go through two gallons of clear on this bike with bags, nacelle, and fenders. Good thing I went with just black for the side covers LOL.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Front end is coming along. Progress as slowed helping my folks a lot after my dad laid his bike done alst week. His raider made it out really untouched he got to have emergency surgery to put his ankle back together.

Attachments

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here is a few updates. Still need to run the cables through the bars on the left side that wire loom is huge...

Attachments

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well shes back together finally.

Attachments

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks guys I am probably dropping the motor to paint it this weekend as well. The silver doesn't fit with the rest of the bike. I may buy some high compression pistons to go with it as well seeing how I have it out.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
BTW, how's your Dad recovering?
I call him grandpa stan lately. He can't put weight on his foot for about 4 more months. Probably have to learn to walk again after that. Another surgery in a month to take the rods out holding his ankle together.

He is pretty bummed I can't blame him. But he is getting a check for 5k to fix his bike so he is going to mod his raider while it sits there. But he thinks he may sell it as he doesn't want to do this again.

I can't blame him living in DFW traffic is a nightmare everywhere. The number one reason i have straight pipes on mine with no baffles period. LOUD and annoying granted they won't help much the way he was taken out. Lady was to concerned checking facebook pulling out of a fast food parking lot. She got a ticket for failure to yeild the right of way. And they pulled her cell records and she got another one for driving under the influence.

Gotta love Texas DUI for anything that takes your attention off the road. We will see how that one pans out.

·
Super Moderator
6,411 Posts
Wow, glad he wasn't hurt worse, amazing how people are so distracted. Let him know since she was ticketed and faces a court appearance, most states allow civil proceedings for out of pocket expenses and damages. Meaning she could be responsible for a good portion of his expenses. Since most states have stricter laws on DUI offenses now, I'd definitely be seeking a good civil attorney. Hope she had insurance. Thanks for the update and keep us posted on how it goes for him.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
We plan on it already. Her insurance is trying to make my dad use his medical insurance and they will pay the differance... I said wow there cowboy thats a no go. I am in my second year of law school... The guy wasn't happy when I got on the phone as I just wrapped up all my courses on insurance dos and don'ts for the most part.

I have already also compiled a list of vehicles registered to her. Her home and value. Her retirement plans that she may or may not have as well. She works for the same employer I do so I know the retirement benefits IE 7% of your paycheck a year mandatory. Shes been here 7 years. Her yearly pay is 29,275. I laughed at that one as I remember she pulled the no speaky english card when the police arrived.

I said a pretty nasty comment in english and then spanish just to be pissy and she got pissy with both then looked stupid when she realized the cops figured it out as well that she understood...

·
Super Moderator
6,411 Posts
Awesome, you're well on your way to covering all the bases. In my area, one can be responsible for Rx's as a result from the crash, insurance deductibles, anything above the proverbial "pain and suffering". As I mentioned earlier, please keep us posted, and tell your Dad we hope for a speedy recovery.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts