Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most of my driving I have my Mustang fender bib on the back running solo...I average almost every tank at 39 mpg.

Today I took the wife on a long run through the mountains and drained 2 tanks...I averaged 46 mpg adding 135lbs to the payload....

Gee, wonder what it could be

·
Registered
491 Posts
Yea but she's 8' tall...

Actually when we got married she was 105. 8 years later she is 135 and she looks MUCH better at 135.
This is true of most women who are of the "waif" persuasion.. I'm all about being who you are, and if that's a super skinny person so be it.. But, I think that women are supposed to have some meat on their bones.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I initially found this thread interesting as I have 211 miles on my strat so have yet to really get into it and am just now getting acquainted. Reading how guys are out there stretching things out and doing the twisties can get me going, but I have to be good and break this in right.
I have been reading about risers, as I, like some here, find myself leaning forward and would rather be more upright. My next move will be the risers and do not want to buy new break and clutch lines. I also see people talk about seats and how they effect the reach and seating position and wonder if a new seat is in the offing, but do not want to offset any change the new risers will give me.
So you see being a neophyte to the strat, and riding again after a hiatus, I am just looking to be comfortable and safe.

So when I read that your averaging 39 mi and then got over 40 I was intrigued, but now fully understand.

Mental:cool:

·
Registered
421 Posts
Actually, the weight doesn't have a lot of effect on fuel mileage. It is possible, but a little unlikely, that having her body behind yours may have "filled in" the aerodynamic tail a little and helped with wind resistance. My guess is simply that you rode a little more conservatively.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts