Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Yamaha Vstar 1100 Custom
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My donor bike, with a black gastank and rust colored everything else got stolen. It has cogs welded onto the rear fender, the engine that got stolen with it id seized, there were just a bunch of cool parts on it that I could use if mine broke. Im absolutely disappointed. I had it behind our dumpsters at the apartment. it was locked up as well. Just a really sad day for me.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry this happened to you. You file a report?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah i called the police,but since it was a donor bike i didnt have registration or papers, or the vin, however I might have a bill of sale sitting around here somewhere with the vin on it. My gascans and oil pans were attached to it as well.

Without that info they cant really file a report.

·
Premium Member
2003 V-Star 1100 Custom, 2003 Road Star Midnight
238 Posts
Being behind a dumpster at an apartment, check with the property management. They can sometimes get uppity about these things with no warning at all.
Yeah, the couple of times that I lived in an apartment, I always made sure to check with management before I even worked on a vehicle on the property. For the most part, they don't like it.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Being behind a dumpster at an apartment, check with the property management. They can sometimes get uppity about these things with no warning at all.
This is true, however the management would never go behind the dumpsters and all the maintenance guys were pretty supportive of my restoration. one even gave me a headlamp to work in the dark. They were all happy when I finally started it. Plus, if it was taken by a tow truck why would they have taken the gas cans and oil pans along with it? they were underneath a mattress and boxspring.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Everything with metal was taken? Scrappers. We have one living in my complex who has a trailer in his covered parking, which regularly gets filled with scrap. He got some junk dishwashers maintenance put by our dumpsters. Management doesn't mind or care since they suddenly don't need to pay extra for disposal. (Someone else snags the mattresses and boxsprings)

·
Registered
2007 VStar 1300
823 Posts
Rusty, seized engine, behind a dumpster, under a mattress and box spring. Not saying someone should have taken it, but a scrap picker may have figured it was junk, even with a lock on it.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Rusty, seized engine, behind a dumpster, under a mattress and box spring. Not saying someone should have taken it, but a scrap picker may have figured it was junk, even with a lock on it.
I feel like it was an inside job although It was basically scrap. Honestly these things taken apart may feel like gold to us but is basically trash to everyone else. The only other thing is that I had a bike cover on it.

·
Registered
2007 VStar 1300
823 Posts
I feel like it was an inside job although It was basically scrap. Honestly these things taken apart may feel like gold to us but is basically trash to everyone else. The only other thing is that I had a bike cover on it.
Yeah, sucks no matter what. One of those..."it was a junk bike" "Yeah, but it was MY junk bike." Hope you can dig up another.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts