Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow, someone wants to ride their bike now that it is back, dinner, that is a hard one, because it all goes by temp not time, this bad boy is going to take hours on the grill. Internal temp has to hit 200 to 205 degrees.

I am looking at about 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM today.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Wow, someone wants to ride their bike now that it is back, dinner, that is a hard one, because it all goes by temp not time, this bad boy is going to take hours on the grill. Internal temp has to hit 200 to 205 degrees.

Let’s see, distance to northern Florida from me is 700 miles divided by hours till 3pm (5.5hrs) = 127mph for duration.
That might be doable!!
LOL!

·
Registered
1,955 Posts

I forgot to mention, did you know pork is considered done now with an internal temp of 185? The old internal guidelines on cooking have been revised quite a while ago.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I forgot to mention, did you know pork is considered done now with an internal temp of 185? The old internal guidelines on cooking have been revised quite a while ago.
This is real Southern BBQ pork, cooked low and slow, allowing the internal temp to get to 195 to 205 degrees will break down the fibers and will result in perfect fall off the bone pulled pork.

We cook all our pork shoulders low and slow. Try it, you can do it in your oven as well but it will take all day long, I am talking up to 15 hours at 250 degrees sometimes longer as the pork shoulder will hit a point in the cooking process where the temp will stall for a long time, that is the fibers breaking down.

When this pork shoulder is done it will melt in your mouth with flavor that is out of this world.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Here she is 4 1/2 hours in, this one may be done by no-one time today. This is a pork should with the bones still in it for that added flavor. The bark is looking real good right now. You can see the juices in the drip pan.

She is caramelizing real nice, I don't know if you can see it in the photo but on the right side you can see one of the drips from it.

Just temped her, 172 degrees it is in the stall stage right now, you can feel the resistance pushing in the probe, with this is done she is going to be so tender.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
This is real Southern BBQ pork, cooked low and slow, allowing the internal temp to get to 195 to 205 degrees will break down the fibers and will result in perfect fall off the bone pulled pork.

We cook all our pork shoulders low and slow. Try it, you can do it in your oven as well but it will take all day long, I am talking up to 15 hours at 250 degrees sometimes longer as the pork shoulder will hit a point in the cooking process where the temp will stall for a long time, that is the fibers breaking down.

When this pork shoulder is done it will melt in your mouth with flavor that is out of this world.
I can’t risk the cost of a 127mph ticket. How about an insulated shipping container??
Lol! Sounds delicious!
You’re killing me dude... my ribs won’t be done til around 4:30pm.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Mine are about to go on!

They have been sitting in the fridge all morning with the slightest coat of olive oil and a nice dusting of rub. Now they will sit on the grill (indirect heat @ ~225dF) for about 2.5 to 3 hours. Then I'll coat some with some BBQ sauce and grill 'till the sauce caramelized. Mmmm. Nothing to do 'till then except drink barley soda's! No riding for me today.

Have a Happy & Safe 4th Everyone!!!!
-PH

Attachments

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
They have been sitting in the fridge all morning with the slightest coat of olive oil and a nice dusting of rub. Now they will sit on the grill (indirect heat @ ~225dF) for about 2.5 to 3 hours. Then I'll coat some with some BBQ sauce and grill 'till the sauce caramelized. Mmmm. Nothing to do 'till then except drink barley soda's! No riding for me today.

-PH
No riding for me either. Enjoying Fireball whisky and the pool! Ribs are done at 4:00 pm based on Temp.
We marinated them in a mild Terriaki for 24 hrs before smoking!
We sauce them and Carmelize the sauce!!
Yummy!
Hey, if we all got together, we could have one KILLER BBQ outing!!

·
Registered
1,955 Posts

-PH
No riding for me either. Enjoying Fireball whisky and the pool! Ribs are done at 4:00 pm based on Temp.
We marinated them in a mild Terriaki for 24 hrs before smoking!
We sauce them and Carmelize the sauce!!
Yummy!
Hey, if we all got together, we could have one KILLER BBQ outing!!
Im dying to try some of Bill’s pulled pork! Hey all you TEXANS, where are you??? You gona let us Southerners out BBQ you?
Let’s hear some of your stuff going on today!

·
Registered
74 Posts
...Hey, if we all got together, we could have one KILLER BBQ outing!!
"The First Annual Regional Star Bike Ride and BBQs", Hmmm, We could all put up our ribs/BBQ and then go for a long ride. Hmmm. Or we ask our spouses to cook while we're out riding! "Honey, I'll be back with a few friends in a couple of hours, see what you can whip up while I'm gone!" Yea, like that would work.

-PH

·
Registered
74 Posts
The latest per the USDA is 145dF for chops and roasts. At that temp it's the slightest bit of pink, which turns many folks off.

I like my ribs much more tender and go for the the 2.5-3 hours at 225dF. At that point they will fall off the bones and be closer to 200dF.

Speaking about "falling off the bones", I recently was at Bubba's BBQ in Ohio. They have a technique for pulling the bones out of a slab of ribs once cooked. Basically, they end up serving you a "steak" that is the rib slab without the bones. Really Cool! However, I digress...

Per the USDA link:
Safe Cooking
For safety, the USDA recommends cooking ground pork patties and ground pork mixtures such as meat loaf to 160 °F. Cook all organ and variety meats (such as heart, kidney, liver, tongue, and chitterlings) to 160 °F. Cook all raw pork steaks, chops, and roasts to a minimum internal temperature of 145 °F as measured with a food thermometer before removing meat from the heat source. For safety and quality, allow meat to rest for at least three minutes before carving or consuming. For reasons of personal preference, consumers may choose to cook meat to higher temperatures.

There is a good table at the bottom of that USDA page as well.

Enjoy,

-PH

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Everyones foods sounds great and the photos of the food like that ribeye make you hungry.

We are having ribeye steaks tonight on the grill.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts