Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a lunch the very beginning of something hopefully bigger. I'm ready to ride 3 hours in any direction from Sacramento. Or meet here. Let's pick a Saturday in the next month or two and talk about a spring ride.

·
Premium Member
2003 V-Star 1100 Custom, 2003 Road Star Midnight
224 Posts
Just a lunch the very beginning of something hopefully bigger. I'm ready to ride 3 hours in any direction from Sacramento. Or meet here. Let's pick a Saturday in the next month or two and talk about a spring ride.
Would love to do it, but I only work weekends. I will probably be always left out of this kind of stuff.

·
Super Moderator
4,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I may be a bit over the top putting this out there. But I would like to start something on the west coast for a regular meet up. Central Coast, Redwoods, Hell we got the Sierra Nevada Mountains right next door. But let's start with a meal.

·
Super Moderator
4,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rmax, I have Thanksgiving week off and the week between Christmas and New Years so we could get together in Sac or Placerville for breakfast or lunch or somewhere in between. We could do a weekday.

Reactions: GARider

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
Rmax, I have Thanksgiving week off and the week between Christmas and New Years so we could get together in Sac or Placerville for breakfast or lunch or somewhere in between. We could do a weekday.
At this point, no plans for kids or grandkids to visit either week, nor do I have any plans to go out of town. Either week would be fine for me. It would probably be more fair to be somewhere in between, but I'm not sure where. I may ride quite a bit, but don't "get out" much in the last few years.

·
Super Moderator
4,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I will find a place for Monday the 22nd and put it up here to see if it works. Anyone else in NorCal interested? We may be able to build on this.

·
Super Moderator
4,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
2008 Yamaha Road Star Silverado (Gray, hard bags, etc.)
809 Posts
If I could make it I would be there in a heartbeat. I hope you can take some video and pictures when you have this event. Even if it is a one or two person event…
Enjoy…..
I don't know. A ride across the southern part of the country sounds like a great time. :cool:

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
Works for me. The only day that I'm tied up in either of those two weeks is the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. I have an appointment to take my dogs to the groomer. I had forgotten about that. @GARider and @Brad_G, You're going to miss some nice backroads too.

·
Administrator - "Loose Nut" - Houston, Texas
2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), 2006 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic
12,735 Posts
@Rmax I'd love to be riding some backroads. Was a beautiful day here. Unfortunately last weekend after my ride I got home and while moving my bike I dropped it. Turns out I broke my ankle. So I'm in a boot for another 4-6 weeks. So my riding season is over. :(
That's a real bummer. Couldn't you find a better way to get our of chores? :unsure:
Heal quickly.

Reactions: Brad_G

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
@Rmax I'd love to be riding some backroads. Was a beautiful day here. Unfortunately last weekend after my ride I got home and while moving my bike I dropped it. Turns out I broke my ankle. So I'm in a boot for another 4-6 weeks. So my riding season is over. :(
Sorry to hear this but if I remember correctly you are getting into the winter days and months so hopefully not too bad, besides if it is the right ankle I think you can still ride. Dr GARider said so….

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
Sorry to hear this but if I remember correctly you are getting into the winter days and months so hopefully not too bad, besides if it is the right ankle I think you can still ride. Dr GARider said so….
Yeah, fractured my right leg on my first dirt bike when I was 13. Never stopped riding. Pissed off the doctor though when the brake pedal kept chewing up the back of my cast.....

·
Registered
809 Posts
Well it is the right ankle. I have been wondering about whether I need to use the rear brake anyway. But I'm sure my wife would have other thoughts about the time I try and drag the bike out.

·
Registered
809 Posts
That's a real bummer. Couldn't you find a better way to get our of chores? :unsure:
Heal quickly.
Thanks. The worst part is with the cooling temps we run a wood burning stove 24/7 during the winter. So now I typically go from riding the bike to cutting firewood. My wife is not happy that she has to go out to the firewood stash and bring it up to the house. :ROFLMAO:

·
Administrator - "Loose Nut" - Houston, Texas
2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), 2006 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic
12,735 Posts
Well it is the right ankle. I have been wondering about whether I need to use the rear brake anyway. But I'm sure my wife would have other thoughts about the time I try and drag the bike out.
Wait till she leaves the house for some reason. We won't tell. :unsure:

1 - 20 of 52 Posts