Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Yamaha Road Star Silverado (Gray, hard bags, etc.)
880 Posts
If I could make it I would be there in a heartbeat. I hope you can take some video and pictures when you have this event. Even if it is a one or two person event…
Enjoy…..
I don't know. A ride across the southern part of the country sounds like a great time. :cool:

·
Registered
880 Posts
@Rmax I'd love to be riding some backroads. Was a beautiful day here. Unfortunately last weekend after my ride I got home and while moving my bike I dropped it. Turns out I broke my ankle. So I'm in a boot for another 4-6 weeks. So my riding season is over. :(

·
Registered
880 Posts
Sorry to hear this but if I remember correctly you are getting into the winter days and months so hopefully not too bad, besides if it is the right ankle I think you can still ride. Dr GARider said so….
Well it is the right ankle. I have been wondering about whether I need to use the rear brake anyway. But I'm sure my wife would have other thoughts about the time I try and drag the bike out.

·
Registered
880 Posts
That's a real bummer. Couldn't you find a better way to get our of chores? :unsure:
Heal quickly.
Thanks. The worst part is with the cooling temps we run a wood burning stove 24/7 during the winter. So now I typically go from riding the bike to cutting firewood. My wife is not happy that she has to go out to the firewood stash and bring it up to the house. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
880 Posts
It is not up to the cars to watch out for the bikes, Most don't it is up to the rider. That was what was so awesome about this ride.
I'm with @GARider, I wish when I picked up my rental car they would have mentioned it. Was leaving out of San Fransico on the way to Sacramento. I think it was on I-80 (does that have a double decker bridge?) in heavy traffic when a motorcycle came whizzing past my drivers window. :oops: Being from out of town we were just focusing on all the traffic and signage to make sure we didn't miss any exits. Never even thought about motorcycles passing between myself and the car next to me. So that added a bit to the anxiety level. After that I tried to pay more attention to possible lane splitters.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts