Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a lunch the very beginning of something hopefully bigger. I'm ready to ride 3 hours in any direction from Sacramento. Or meet here. Let's pick a Saturday in the next month or two and talk about a spring ride.

·
Super Moderator
4,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have Thanksgiving week off we could do Monday or Tuesday for a lunch. Name a place and I will be there.

·
Super Moderator
4,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I may be a bit over the top putting this out there. But I would like to start something on the west coast for a regular meet up. Central Coast, Redwoods, Hell we got the Sierra Nevada Mountains right next door. But let's start with a meal.

·
Super Moderator
4,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rmax, I have Thanksgiving week off and the week between Christmas and New Years so we could get together in Sac or Placerville for breakfast or lunch or somewhere in between. We could do a weekday.

Reactions: GARider

·
Super Moderator
4,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I will find a place for Monday the 22nd and put it up here to see if it works. Anyone else in NorCal interested? We may be able to build on this.

·
Super Moderator
4,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Super Moderator
4,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
There are others in the NorCal area. Are you interested? It's ten days away the Monday before Thanksgiving.

·
Super Moderator
4,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
1 week away I will be there. Will you?

·
Super Moderator
4,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I would still be up for a get together they have outdoor seating and we can figure it out. Just because your unvaccinated does not mean you are irresponsible. I assume you take precautions when you go out we will just do that. What say you. 11:00 on Monday.

·
Super Moderator
4,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Yelp
7/13/2021
This is a great place to sit down and enjoy great food and watch golfers at the driving range. The service is excellent, the food menu is simple and the food is great. I recommend the fish and chips. The portions are huge, the beer batter is spot on and the chips are crispy and tasty.

Anyone close to Sacramento or Placerville. Monday Meet and Greet in Ione Ca. Monday the 22nd 11:00 am.www.castleoaksgolf.com › caddysCaddy's - Castle Oaks Golf Club
Be here or be Sphere.

·
Super Moderator
4,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
The ride to Castle Oaks to meet Rmax. Not sure why it cut off.

Reactions: lesblank

·
Super Moderator
4,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
I was planning on them at Rancho Seco but last time I was here it was free to get to the lake.

·
Super Moderator
4,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
The last time I was there it was all park land. No solar panels and no guard gate. It's good to see the solar but 12 bucks per vehicle day use was a bit much and I am cheap. " your bike sounded nice when you were in front of Pat." Yes it did.

·
Super Moderator
4,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
"I might be on the bikes almost every day, but usually just around town or going to work" That is exactly the same for me. I will do rain but not snow hopefully we can get a few more people interested. Dec. 27th through The 30th. Let's build on this into next spring and maybe make it into a week long trip.

·
Super Moderator
4,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
After we split up I took Twin Cities Rd (104) to the 99. Got on the 99 and it was almost stopped. I went a few miles and flicked on the camera for a short time. I was really happy with how many people moved over to let me buy including big trucks. They all got a wave or a thank you if their window was open.

·
Super Moderator
4,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Yes it is still the Winbook I wish they would rerelease them. I would like to put one on the bike to enhance the video maybe pointing backwards.

·
Super Moderator
4,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
That lane splitting is just crazy but awesome. I would be so nervous of a visitor not knowing the rules and not watching out for motorcycle….I done it but it is very frowned upon here in GA…
when I visited CA for the first time years ago I knew they had this but I thought it was only at stop lights I wish they told me at the rental company…
[/QUOTE]
I must had thirty or more cars actively move over sometimes on to the shoulder. I have never experienced that before. It seems faster than I was going in the video. I think the last time I did it for any distance was for the solar eclipse in Salem Or. With hundreds of miles of stopped traffic.

• Wow
Reactions: GARider
1 - 20 of 25 Posts