Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2003 V-Star 1100 Custom, 2003 Road Star Midnight
314 Posts
Just a lunch the very beginning of something hopefully bigger. I'm ready to ride 3 hours in any direction from Sacramento. Or meet here. Let's pick a Saturday in the next month or two and talk about a spring ride.
Would love to do it, but I only work weekends. I will probably be always left out of this kind of stuff.

·
Premium Member
314 Posts
Rmax, I have Thanksgiving week off and the week between Christmas and New Years so we could get together in Sac or Placerville for breakfast or lunch or somewhere in between. We could do a weekday.
At this point, no plans for kids or grandkids to visit either week, nor do I have any plans to go out of town. Either week would be fine for me. It would probably be more fair to be somewhere in between, but I'm not sure where. I may ride quite a bit, but don't "get out" much in the last few years.

·
Premium Member
314 Posts
Works for me. The only day that I'm tied up in either of those two weeks is the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. I have an appointment to take my dogs to the groomer. I had forgotten about that. @GARider and @Brad_G, You're going to miss some nice backroads too.

·
Premium Member
314 Posts
Sorry to hear this but if I remember correctly you are getting into the winter days and months so hopefully not too bad, besides if it is the right ankle I think you can still ride. Dr GARider said so….
Yeah, fractured my right leg on my first dirt bike when I was 13. Never stopped riding. Pissed off the doctor though when the brake pedal kept chewing up the back of my cast.....

·
Premium Member
314 Posts
So, I've spent a few days off of the site. I didn't want to blow it off in a spectacular fashion for a few months like I did once before. The coronavirus thread kind of got to me. I'm not going to go into politics here. For me, it isn't political, it's physical. I have neuropathy. I'm in constant pain in my feet and legs and it only spreads. The vaccine is known to cause nerve issues, especially in people with neuropathy. I know, only in a small amount of people, but if my pain level was made much worse, I might as well ride right off a cliff and be done with it. I spend my time with my dogs, I don't see much of anyone. I am unvaccinated and plan to stay that way. @Yamaha Pat, I assume that because of that, you will want to rescind the offer to meet. I respect the choices that all of you have made. I hope that you will respect mine and not turn it political. Peace.

·
Premium Member
314 Posts
It was an absolutely beautiful day. I was surprised to see how many solar panels there were surrounding that power plant. You couldn't see that in the video.

·
Premium Member
314 Posts
Wow, $12 for park entry? Good to see you two got some wind therepy time!
I might be on the bikes almost every day, but usually just around town or going to work (22 miles round trip). After running around for a bit once I got home, today was about 125 miles. Yeah, good to get out there for some wind therapy.

·
Premium Member
314 Posts
@Rmax , your bike sounded nice when you were in front of Pat. Look forward to more videos and pictures next time y'all go out. Hopefully y'all can meet up after Christmas as Pat suggested. See, I did watch the whole thing.
Planning to meet up unless it snows up here in December. As I told Pat, the slip-ons that I put on it about a month ago are a bit louder than I intended (probably bothers my neighbors more than me), but sounds a DAMN sight better than with the stock mufflers.

·
Premium Member
314 Posts
@Rmax where did you get your jacket, I am looking for a new leather with armor.
I hate to say it, but I have no idea where it came from. I got it from an ex-son in law who got it from a friend in Seattle. The son in law was never much of a rider, so he gave it to me. My favorite, however is an old bomber jacket that I've had for 40+ years. Has a broken zipper at the moment and I haven't figured out where to get it fixed. :( It always gets comments when ever I wear it. It looks it age (as do I).:ROFLMAO:

·
Premium Member
314 Posts
By the way label in the jacket is Fieldsheer. It is a nice jacket.

·
Premium Member
314 Posts
Rmax, Are we still thinking about getting together the of the 27th? I can pick a place or you can. There are a few good places in Auburn.
I will have to get back to you. One of my daughters is having issues and wants to come up that week to talk. Don't know if she actually will, or what day, but must be serious, as she is the one who usually keeps "closed off".
Funny, I was leaning toward Auburn too for the next ride. Spent last week looking at Auburn on Yelp for ideas.

·
Premium Member
314 Posts
Right about now, this is not looking like the right week for me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts