Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Premium Member
2003 V-Star 1100 Custom, 2003 Road Star Midnight
224 Posts
So, I've spent a few days off of the site. I didn't want to blow it off in a spectacular fashion for a few months like I did once before. The coronavirus thread kind of got to me. I'm not going to go into politics here. For me, it isn't political, it's physical. I have neuropathy. I'm in constant pain in my feet and legs and it only spreads. The vaccine is known to cause nerve issues, especially in people with neuropathy. I know, only in a small amount of people, but if my pain level was made much worse, I might as well ride right off a cliff and be done with it. I spend my time with my dogs, I don't see much of anyone. I am unvaccinated and plan to stay that way. @Yamaha Pat, I assume that because of that, you will want to rescind the offer to meet. I respect the choices that all of you have made. I hope that you will respect mine and not turn it political. Peace.

·
Super Moderator
4,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I would still be up for a get together they have outdoor seating and we can figure it out. Just because your unvaccinated does not mean you are irresponsible. I assume you take precautions when you go out we will just do that. What say you. 11:00 on Monday.

·
Super Moderator
4,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Yelp
7/13/2021
This is a great place to sit down and enjoy great food and watch golfers at the driving range. The service is excellent, the food menu is simple and the food is great. I recommend the fish and chips. The portions are huge, the beer batter is spot on and the chips are crispy and tasty.

Anyone close to Sacramento or Placerville. Monday Meet and Greet in Ione Ca. Monday the 22nd 11:00 am.www.castleoaksgolf.com › caddysCaddy's - Castle Oaks Golf Club
Be here or be Sphere.

·
Administrator - "Loose Nut" - Houston, Texas
2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), 2006 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic
12,735 Posts
Nice!! Looks like y'all had great weather. No bike pictures?

Reactions: Yamaha Pat

·
Super Moderator
4,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
I was planning on them at Rancho Seco but last time I was here it was free to get to the lake.

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
It was an absolutely beautiful day. I was surprised to see how many solar panels there were surrounding that power plant. You couldn't see that in the video.

·
12,735 Posts
Wow, $12 for park entry? Good to see you two got some wind therepy time!

Reactions: GARider and Rmax

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
Wow, $12 for park entry? Good to see you two got some wind therepy time!
I might be on the bikes almost every day, but usually just around town or going to work (22 miles round trip). After running around for a bit once I got home, today was about 125 miles. Yeah, good to get out there for some wind therapy.

·
12,735 Posts
@Rmax , your bike sounded nice when you were in front of Pat. Look forward to more videos and pictures next time y'all go out. Hopefully y'all can meet up after Christmas as Pat suggested. See, I did watch the whole thing.

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
@Rmax , your bike sounded nice when you were in front of Pat. Look forward to more videos and pictures next time y'all go out. Hopefully y'all can meet up after Christmas as Pat suggested. See, I did watch the whole thing.
Planning to meet up unless it snows up here in December. As I told Pat, the slip-ons that I put on it about a month ago are a bit louder than I intended (probably bothers my neighbors more than me), but sounds a DAMN sight better than with the stock mufflers.

·
Super Moderator
4,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
The last time I was there it was all park land. No solar panels and no guard gate. It's good to see the solar but 12 bucks per vehicle day use was a bit much and I am cheap. " your bike sounded nice when you were in front of Pat." Yes it did.

·
Super Moderator
4,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
"I might be on the bikes almost every day, but usually just around town or going to work" That is exactly the same for me. I will do rain but not snow hopefully we can get a few more people interested. Dec. 27th through The 30th. Let's build on this into next spring and maybe make it into a week long trip.

21 - 40 of 52 Posts