Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Bike of the Month Challenge!
41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
After we split up I took Twin Cities Rd (104) to the 99. Got on the 99 and it was almost stopped. I went a few miles and flicked on the camera for a short time. I was really happy with how many people moved over to let me buy including big trucks. They all got a wave or a thank you if their window was open.

·
Super Moderator
4,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Yes it is still the Winbook I wish they would rerelease them. I would like to put one on the bike to enhance the video maybe pointing backwards.

·
Premium Member
2003 V-Star 1100 Custom, 2003 Road Star Midnight
238 Posts
@Rmax where did you get your jacket, I am looking for a new leather with armor.
I hate to say it, but I have no idea where it came from. I got it from an ex-son in law who got it from a friend in Seattle. The son in law was never much of a rider, so he gave it to me. My favorite, however is an old bomber jacket that I've had for 40+ years. Has a broken zipper at the moment and I haven't figured out where to get it fixed. :( It always gets comments when ever I wear it. It looks it age (as do I).:ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
After we split up I took Twin Cities Rd (104) to the 99. Got on the 99 and it was almost stopped. I went a few miles and flicked on the camera for a short time. I was really happy with how many people moved over to let me buy including big trucks. They all got a wave or a thank you if their window was open.
That lane splitting is just crazy but awesome. I would be so nervous of a visitor not knowing the rules and not watching out for motorcycle….I done it but it is very frowned upon here in GA…
when I visited CA for the first time years ago I knew they had this but I thought it was only at stop lights I wish they told me at the rental company…

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
I hate to say it, but I have no idea where it came from. I got it from an ex-son in law who got it from a friend in Seattle. The son in law was never much of a rider, so he gave it to me. My favorite, however is an old bomber jacket that I've had for 40+ years. Has a broken zipper at the moment and I haven't figured out where to get it fixed. :( It always gets comments when ever I wear it. It looks it age (as do I).:ROFLMAO:
Thanks for the reply. The zipper you should be able to get fixed at the local dry cleaners….There should be a good bike shop that puts on patches and they should be able to fix the zipper.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Yes it is still the Winbook I wish they would rerelease them. I would like to put one on the bike to enhance the video maybe pointing backwards.
Thanks for the reply…They should come back out with them. I think we were both looking at another that was quite similar. I will have to look that back up. I think it was Ion or something.

·
Super Moderator
4,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
That lane splitting is just crazy but awesome. I would be so nervous of a visitor not knowing the rules and not watching out for motorcycle….I done it but it is very frowned upon here in GA…
when I visited CA for the first time years ago I knew they had this but I thought it was only at stop lights I wish they told me at the rental company…
[/QUOTE]
I must had thirty or more cars actively move over sometimes on to the shoulder. I have never experienced that before. It seems faster than I was going in the video. I think the last time I did it for any distance was for the solar eclipse in Salem Or. With hundreds of miles of stopped traffic.

• Wow
Reactions: GARider

·
Super Moderator
4,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
It is not up to the cars to watch out for the bikes, Most don't it is up to the rider. That was what was so awesome about this ride.

·
Registered
2008 Yamaha Road Star Silverado (Gray, hard bags, etc.)
816 Posts
It is not up to the cars to watch out for the bikes, Most don't it is up to the rider. That was what was so awesome about this ride.
I'm with @GARider, I wish when I picked up my rental car they would have mentioned it. Was leaving out of San Fransico on the way to Sacramento. I think it was on I-80 (does that have a double decker bridge?) in heavy traffic when a motorcycle came whizzing past my drivers window. :oops: Being from out of town we were just focusing on all the traffic and signage to make sure we didn't miss any exits. Never even thought about motorcycles passing between myself and the car next to me. So that added a bit to the anxiety level. After that I tried to pay more attention to possible lane splitters.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts