Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Very preliminary just to gage interest. Let me know where you're from and where you would like to meet up. Somewhere with good rides. Central or Northern California coast is cool. San Diego has some good rides. Las Vegas could work but for the traffic. This could be a really good thing. It might be a couple of years out but it is totally possible. Please let me know.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rufus49, Where are you from and where would you like to meet up.

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
I'm located in Yuba city CA. We could meet up in Sacramento. But my bike is down right now (replacing swing arm bearings) so give a week or so and I'll be good to go.

·
Registered
961 Posts
I'm on East Coast, but I'm 100% support this! We just had our "meet and greet" in Southeast area last September and it was great (thanks for the drinks, Yamaha Pat!)! Been already planning next meeting for 2019.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Maybe we should start with a NorCal get together. Let me know when your up and running and maybe we can get a mini day trip, There are a lot of people in the area on the forum. nurtaeff I will need some advice when (I hope) it happens on getting the hotels together. But we have had only one response Thank you Rufus49. I would really like to see this happen

·
Registered
961 Posts
nurtaeff I will need some advice when (I hope) it happens on getting the hotels together. But we have had only one response Thank you Rufus49. I would really like to see this happen
I will be glad to help. You may have to keep this promoted as much as possible so it won't get "buried" in other threads and stays visible, we can also help you with that.

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
Count me in. I live in Antioch but able to go just about anywhere whether it be the Sierra's, along the coast, whatever. Sounds like fun.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think there are at least a dozen members in NorCal. We could do a couple of small meet and greets to help plan a bigger meet up. So far we have three.
Yamaha Pat
Rufus49
Boots

Anyone else?

·
Super Moderator
4,608 Posts
Yamaha Pat, looks like all the food is on your side. Is Boots a fast eater or did you just need more fuel? 😁😁. Looks like y'all had a great time.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi folks,
Just came across this thread.
Have you all made plans for any get togethers?
I am near San Jose. anything within 350 miles sounds good to me.
Gary

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
Further plans have not been made yet but it's early and I expect we should be able to do something good. YamahaPat is in Sac, I'm in Antioch, Rufus49 is in Yuba City, FD757 is in So Oregon and Starbagger, you're close by in San Jose. There should be other NorCal folks around and this would be a good time to speak up if you're interested in meeting up and going for a ride together. That's 5 of us to start with. We should choose a date and a meet up close to a good ride. If we start with a month, how does August sound? If we go north, towards FD757, we can head into the redwoods which includes going by the ocean. Here's a good ride I'd like to suggest: https://www.pashnit.com/ca-hwy-36
We could find a hotel in Redding and put a few beers behind us after the ride and make it a great weekend.

Thoughts? Any other NorCal folks want to join us?

·
Registered
106 Posts
--

Redding might be a good place for me. I will be out on a 9,000 miler from June until the end of July and back to Colorado. So around the middle or third week of August I planned on heading out to CA. I want to hit Route 36's 140 miles of twisties. It's considered one of the five best twisty roads in the US and I will have hit the other four this summer by that time. The other four are in AR, NC, VT, and OH.

I have posted a number of photos (under the name GJRonK) on Motorcycle Roads. I love doing this stuff. Here are some I've posted on Hwy. 299 to Redding:

Hwy 299 from the coast to Redding, CA in California | California Motorcycle Roads and Rides | MotorcycleRoads.com

--

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
Very nice pictures RonK. The third week of August sounds good to me. Anyone else? We can start a poll, I'll coordinate.

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
Here's another idea for NorCal riders outside of an August big ride. April 27 is a StarTouring Veterans Memorial poker run. It's a fund raiser for quilts of honor (https://www.quiltsofhonor.org/). It's starting in Modesto. Flyer attached.

https://ibb.co/wBKnbhH

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I love this. I love the cause I will be there. Boots are you coming through Altamont Pass? Rufus49 and Starbagger are you interested?

1 - 20 of 54 Posts