Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

wet seat

1K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Mrdub 
#1 ·
Anything I hate more than sitting on my bike and having to sit on a wet seat. It doesn't have to rain.....just the cool night air make the seat get wet. What is the solution? Where I live, bike accessories are rare. I searched this site and the internet and there seems to be nothing to solve this problem.

#3 ·
Agree totally. Wet seats in the morning are no fun. I did find a cure, although it is pricey. Take a look here: Waterpoof Motorcycle Seat Covers | King of Fleece | SPLITWEIGHT. I purchased one of these for my Suzuki Boulevard after I finally had had enough. It just plain works. The VStar 1300 I purchased has a full set of Ultimate Seats and backrests on it, and King Of Fleece don't have a seat cover specifically for it. So I ended up purchasing Ultimate Seats Rain Covers which are made of the same material as Frogg Toggs. Haven't had a chance to use them yet in the rain or morning dew.

Is it worth $100 to have a dry butt? Only you can answer that.

#6 ·
On the cooler nights i usually leave my helmet (beanie) on the seat if i am not going far..ie coffee shop or the other is i have a micro fiber towel in the saddlebag ($1 dollar store) and lay it over the seat..if the seat does get wet if i forget i have the towel to dry it anyway :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.