Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 v star classic 1100 and live in Pennsylvania. I’ve been doing some research about air intake mods. I’m not sure what I want to go for since obviously they all have pros and cons. I have a pretty stock setup with only full aftermarket exhausts and the ais removal. I’m looking for more torque and low end performance and better throttle response. What should I lean towards a pod setup, hyper charger or I’m not sure if there’s any other kind of setup out there. But any experience or ideas are greatly appreciated. Also if need be what kind of jetting should I do or go for.

·
Administrator - "Loose Nut" - Houston, Texas
2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), 2006 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic
12,735 Posts
Pods are better, by the numbers and tuning. You should easily go from the stock 50hp to 65hp with pods.

Rectangle Font Parallel Number Document

You can buy kits, or make your own. I've made multiple kits and installed without an issue. Here a good write up on a DIY kit.

Font Screenshot Parallel Number Document

Font Document Number

Reactions: Dsmooth12

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have the Maxair pod kit, comes with everything u will need including jets and pilot jets, this kit made a huge difference in power for mine. The kit is a little pricey but I had good results with it!

·
Administrator - "Loose Nut" - Houston, Texas
2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), 2006 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic
12,735 Posts
So besides the jetting and the pods are there any other things I have to do when doing the DIY run through?
You will need a breather filter. Follow the link I posted above, it’s a pretty good walk thru.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts