Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,141 Posts

·
Registered
5,586 Posts
if you can manage to jack and block the frame so the front wheel is off the pavement, even just a half inch
then you can pull up on the front wheel and check for play in the steering head bearings
pull the top and bottom of the wheel in opposite while standing on one side, to check for wheel bearing play

and hold the tire between your knees while you twist the handlebar side to side, and see if the forks have any give

also make sure your gas tank is firmly attached at all points, and the rubber grommets are not missing.

my 650 has a thunk when I hit a driveway hard, sometimes on RR tracks - cant find anything wrong - it might be the front shock bottoming out, I dont know how to tell - but the bike rides perfectly.

another thing to look at closely is the headlight bucket attachment, grommets... The headlight glass lens is held against the ring by springs, which allows you to adjust the aim. If you push the lens the right way it will have slack with the springs a bit, then it will spring back.

·
Super Moderator
6,309 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum from East Tennessee! How many miles do you have on your ride? Also you’ll get a lot more exposure to your issue in the Vstar section. Lots of great folks that are willing to help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts