Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the weekend plans for you and your bike ?

My little Road Star and Wifey will be taking a 700 mile round trip adventure out past Waco Tx to explore a murder site; it's an abandon farm house where a double murder occurred in 2014. I know it seems really weird but we are fascinated by visiting different sites that have some history based on it ( even those that seem really strange lol )

What's the plan Gents ?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Not a dang thing, just sitting around recovering from a broken leg.

·
Super Moderator
5,998 Posts
Supposed to be cool and rainy all weekend and rainy through most of the week, so I’ll just pay er’ on the tank and tell her we’re a week closer to spring.
Sorry to hear about your broken leg Loup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
That really sucks Loup. Hope you're feeling better.

I may go out and chip mine out after torrential rain got in under my garage door and froze her into an inch of ice.

Oh, and I plugged in the battery charger for her monthly 24 hour boost.

Otherwise just sit here and wait for spring (probably sometime in May).

·
Registered
307 Posts
Putting a new battery in my 650 Classic. Don’t want to sell it but I should. Seems so light compared to the RSV

·
Registered
41 Posts
Cold and rain all weekend. I’ll just stare at it a couple of time and walk away disgusted. Watch YouTube videos of other people riding.

·
Registered
481 Posts
The plan was to bike to College Station today for opening day ballgame Friday night. Go to the Saturday game tomorrow afternoon, then bike to Austin for the rest of the day, then home on Sunday.

Unfortunately, my battery bit the dust when I stopped for gas. By the time I got back on the road there was no chance of making the game. It was easier to come back home for the night. I'll try again tomorrow.

The 950 cranks very quickly, so I never noticed my battery was getting weak. Stopped for gas. Turned the key on to compute mileage and let it sit like that for a few minutes and there wasn't enough juice left to turn it over.

Wife to the rescue. I bought a battery over the phone at Yamaha shop north of Allen and she brought it to me. Gotta love her. Nothing fun about driving across Dallas on a Friday afternoon.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The plan was to bike to College Station today for opening day ballgame Friday night. Go to the Saturday game tomorrow afternoon, then bike to Austin for the rest of the day, then home on Sunday.

Unfortunately, my battery bit the dust when I stopped for gas. By the time I got back on the road there was no chance of making the game. It was easier to come back home for the night. I'll try again tomorrow.

The 950 cranks very quickly, so I never noticed my battery was getting weak. Stopped for gas. Turned the key on to compute mileage and let it sit like that for a few minutes and there wasn't enough juice left to turn it over.

Wife to the rescue. I bought a battery over the phone at Yamaha shop north of Allen and she brought it to me. Gotta love her. Nothing fun about driving across Dallas on a Friday afternoon.
Kuddos to the Wifey !

That sounds like a great long trip - hope tomorrow is better

·
Super Moderator
4,450 Posts
Not riding much this weekend except going to work. Started off day with rain. My drivers earn their money on days this.

·
Super Moderator
4,450 Posts
What are your drivers delivering ?

Makes for a long weekend
Auto parts, service 163 stores, 13 routes, average right at 75000 miles a month in Metro Houston, plus one route to Beaumont. With traffic and weather it can be a logistic nightmare.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
What are your drivers delivering ?

Makes for a long weekend
Auto parts, service 163 stores, 13 routes, average right at 75000 miles a month in Metro Houston, plus one route to Beaumont. With traffic and weather it can be a logistic nightmare.
That's awesome, I actually run a distribution & logistics company here in Dallas. started in the business when I was 17 about 30 years ago

1 - 20 of 26 Posts