Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 3502 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I washed and polished her up.
Then took her on nice little 135 mile putt.
Now I'm gonna build a fire outside and sit
and drink some wine. See ya'll,
Ride safe!

·
Registered
42 Posts
I washed and polished her up.
Then took her on nice little 135 mile putt.
Now I'm gonna build a fire outside and sit
and drink some wine. See ya'll,
Ride safe!
That sounds like the perfect day.

I did a few mods today, completed the helmet lock relocation to the sissy bar, added my new custom speedo face, washed and polished the bike and then took my son for a ride...another perfect day in Vstar world :)

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow. Are you staying with black, or some custom color(s) ?

·
Super Moderator
13,106 Posts
Wow. Are you staying with black, or some custom color(s) ?
going custom. waaaaaaaaay custom. totally one-off. i've only ever seen a couple bikes that are close to what i'm getting. will take about 2 weeks to complete and will post many pics once it's done. bike goes into paint in 3.5 hours.

·
Registered
404 Posts
thought about washing my bike today. but didn't. still sun out. maybe later. i'm lazy.
Yeah, I hear it's kinda warm down your way, my folks live by McAllen and Mom likes to remind me of the weather :)mad::mad::mad::mad:), don't want to be washing the bike in that. You should be riding it, instead of sitting inside on the computer.;)

Got up to a toasty 54 today, and was a balmy 26 when I left for work this morning. So what did I do to the bike? Rode it.

You must be digging in the archives tonight, bevo. Thanks for keeping good threads alive.

·
Super Moderator
13,106 Posts
Yeah, I hear it's kinda warm down your way, my folks live by McAllen and Mom likes to remind me of the weather :)mad::mad::mad::mad:), don't want to be washing the bike in that. You should be riding it, instead of sitting inside on the computer.;)

Got up to a toasty 54 today, and was a balmy 26 when I left for work this morning. So what did I do to the bike? Rode it.

You must be digging in the archives tonight, bevo. Thanks for keeping good threads alive.
actually we have a cold front right now. was 46 last night, tonight's low is 49. and of course i rode today. and it was glorious.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I washed and waxed mine Sunday, but havn't had a chance to ride it since I did. It's been nothing but pouring rain every freakin" day 24/7.:(:mad::confused:

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
I washed and waxed both bikes,went ride. Stopped by a buddies place had a refreshment and it started to rain. Just gotta love the great northwest.We don't sunburn,we rust lol.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I parked it today, it was below 40 when I left at oh dark 30 and decided it was a bit to chilly for the 40 or so miles into work. Had it out last night and it was COLD! We'll see how time goes later tonight, I have been meaning to get into a controlled lot and work on slow, controled turns. Taking it into work tomorrow for certain then Saturday we're going to an airshow... Man I hope the wife dosen't get too jealous...LOL

·
Registered
404 Posts
I parked it today, it was below 40 when I left at oh dark 30
It's funny how we acclimate to our location. This year I started riding when the morning temp was above 20 (on the rare occasions that we didn't have snow), but I've been in northern Wisconsin for 24 years now. I never would have even considered it when I lived in New Jersey where I grew up, that would have been waaayyyy to cold for me then.:eek:

·
Registered
923 Posts
Well like I posted elsewhere, I wiped her down and then rode into work this morning. Now I'm counting the clock for the next 35 minutes to pass so I can ride home. The clock sure slows down when your bike is parked outside at work.

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Today as I waited for some one from Kansas to show up(sold a tractor on ebay) the mail man stop by with a goody box from ebay. Abox of bike parts for 75$ + mail I got some road pegs, a light cover, a drive shaft cover and some bag braces which I don't need so if you do let me know.

1 - 20 of 3502 Posts