Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

3441 - 3460 of 3502 Posts

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
Shinko’s are very common on racing bikes. They’ve got excellent traction!
A friend of mine came down and had to have a rear put on his HD and I talked him into trying the Shinko, he LOVES it and was raving about how his HD cornered better than it ever had before.
No, you won’t get the mileage of a touring tire, but he’ll get about 10k miles of great performance for about half the cost.
Something he had no problem getting onboard with.
Great news. They were new to me but performed well. I figured the Hundai and Kia cars seemed to be doing well and making many Americans happy so I continue with the tires which did perform well.

·
Registered
229 Posts
The good part was we took Sparky out for a ride in lovely 74 degree weather.

However, karma kicked in for me making fun of people having to winterize their bikes.

I tried to execute a slow right turn out of a parking lot. Loose gravel. Hit the front brake. Slippery soles on my boots. Dropped the bike on the right side. We both got a little banged up and chewed a bit of leather off the right bag. Otherwise, we are ok.

·
Super Moderator
4,617 Posts
Good you got out on a beautiful day. Bummer on dropping your bike. Main thing y'all are OK. Bikes can be fixed, sometimes we can't be. I sure you were upset, did it shake the wife up much? Blackadder had invited the wife and I to go with them. I had promised to work on the Oldsmobile project and declined his offer. Now I feel bad I didn't go, plus the Oldsmobile work was not good. Must have been a bad omen day in Houston.

·
Registered
229 Posts
The good part was we took Sparky out for a ride in lovely 74 degree weather.

However, karma kicked in for me making fun of people having to winterize their bikes.

I tried to execute a slow right turn out of a parking lot. Loose gravel. Hit the front brake. Slippery soles on my boots. Dropped the bike on the right side. We both got a little banged up and chewed a bit of leather off the right bag. Otherwise, we are ok.
Was not all done today but finally got the Rivco risers and Clearview vented windshield.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
4,617 Posts
Blackadder, looking real good!!!!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Blackadder, nice windshield on a beautiful bike!

·
Registered
57 Posts
38 degrees this am, but clear, did about 25 miles, hit the parking lot for practice, did another 7 miles in uturns, fig 8s, and circles... Actually had a blast. Topped her off, added...Seafoam. Now I'm ready for snow.. Um I kind of resent you southern riders, but the Fall, and snow make it interesting up here. Ride safe, ride often!

·
Registered
961 Posts
Installed handlebar speakers until I have time/money for real sound system. My bike is not a Yammie, but I just wanted to show the insane amount of wiring in modern bike. And mine is not even a full dresser with all the bells and whistles!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
229 Posts
Installed handlebar speakers until I have time/money for real sound system. My bike is not a Yammie, but I just wanted to show the insane amount of wiring in modern bike. And mine is not even a full dresser with all the bells and whistles!

Makes my brain itch just looking at it.

·
Super Moderator
4,617 Posts
Speakers look good. That mess of wires looks like my brain feels like some days, yes, I do have a brain, small, but there. o_O😵

·
Registered
961 Posts
I think my speakers were a little easier. View attachment 90011 View attachment 90012

I had to take windshield and headlight and tank off but it still looks easier. If you look close i have the little chrome guys and i do love them.
They look good. I bet yours work better on highway with taller windshield. Mines are useless above 55 mph, but I have shorter windsplitter.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
961 Posts
Speakers look good. That mess of wires looks like my brain feels like some days, yes, I do have a brain, small, but there. o_O
Thanks Les. Hardest part was to find a good spot to hide amp and pack all those wires back into box, I used a lot of zip ties. Finding a hot ignition wire was easy.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Thanks Les. Hardest part was to find a good spot to hide amp and pack all those wires back into box, I used a lot of zip ties. Finding a hot ignition wire was easy.

I put my amp behind the windshield. Shouldn't it be in a place to get air?
As for the other thing i don't go over 55.

·
Registered
961 Posts
I put my amp behind the windshield. Shouldn't it be in a place to get air?
As for the other thing i don't go over 55.
I put mine in the battery/Ecu compartment and bolted to the bracket, it’ll be fine there. I wanted to hide all the wires as much as possible. And I ride into work on the interstate, it’s hard to stay below 55

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Warmed up to 12C (53F) so in between showers I poured in some fuel stabilizer and ran down to the local gas station. Topped her up with some ethanol free high test and did a short ride around town to get it into the injectors then tucked her in for the winter. I'll get the battery out in a few days and bring it inside for its monthly trickle charge.

·
Registered
24 Posts
3441 - 3460 of 3502 Posts