Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

3461 - 3480 of 3502 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Put her all back together today. New rubber front and rear. I did the wheel R&R, and took them to a dealer for M&B.

Serviced the final drive while it was off.

New pads front and rear. Rears were pretty bad. Fronts were okay, but so easy to do, why not?

Redneck rotor surfacing FTW.

·
Registered
5,436 Posts
Ursa got SeaFoamed tonight and the tank topped off.

Afterwards she was visibly shaken
for about 30 seconds
then leaned back on her kickstand

·
Super Moderator
4,617 Posts
Poor NorthernRider

·
Super Moderator
4,617 Posts
NorthernRider, here's a small clip of my ride home from work today. It was 60f and clear skies. If you want to keep your battery charged, just sent to to me, I'll put it in my bike and ride for you. I'm just trying to be helpful. 😜

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
NorthernRider, here's a small clip of my ride home from work today. It was 60f and clear skies. If you want to keep your battery charged, just sent to to me, I'll put it in my bike and ride for you. I'm just trying to be helpful. 😜

Now that was just heart Les

·
Super Moderator
4,617 Posts

·
Registered
2,008 Posts

Wow Les, that’s just MEAN! Lol! 🤣🤣

·
Super Moderator
4,617 Posts

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
Interesting. Is there a protective cover for the filter with the kit? I've been half thinking about this but a line that came from someone that has a decent YouTube post on changing the oil stated, (paraphrased) if adding 15 minutes to changing the oil makes a difference to you to move the exhaust, you're probably not going to do it anyway. So, I've been on the fence and have changed the oil 3 times now myself and once by a shop while across the country. Keep us posted on your experience if there are any other changes, good or bad. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
4,617 Posts
Good job. The relocate makes it super easy, really liked mine. You did take the time to clean that dirt from bottom of bike, right? You must have forgotten to post those pictures. A 15 minute oil change usually takes me an hour plus cleaning down there. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
159 Posts
Interesting. Is there a protective cover for the filter with the kit? I've been half thinking about this but a line that came from someone that has a decent YouTube post on changing the oil stated, (paraphrased) if adding 15 minutes to changing the oil makes a difference to you to move the exhaust, you're probably not going to do it anyway. So, I've been on the fence and have changed the oil 3 times now myself and once by a shop while across the country. Keep us posted on your experience if there are any other changes, good or bad. Thanks.
The ORK was on it when I bought the bike, only a few months ago, so I can't make any comparisons. I probably wouldn't spend the money if I didn't already have the kit. Unless I was doing a lot more miles and frequent OCI.

No cover on the element. K&N does make a chrome element, just add a "C" to the end of the part number. Only costs a couple bucks extra. I have also seen a cover that was basically an aluminum sleeve with heat sink fins, and just secured with a hose clamp. Sort of a cover and oil cooler combination. I don't know anything about it though.

...You did take the time to clean that dirt from bottom of bike, right?
Dirt? I didn't see any dirt. Must be on my camera lens.

or...

If anyone sees the bottom of my bike, it will mean my day has gone horribly off the rails.

·
Super Moderator
4,617 Posts
One thing I did notice, there was a bracket that originally came with the ORK that attached to the bracket for master cylinder on frame (blue arrow) and secured the rear master cylinder by moving it slightly upward. Doesn't appear to be there. Not that the master cylinder would move back far enough to hit the exhaust, but it might. I would put a zip tie (red oval) to secure to frame. Just an idea for safety.

3461 - 3480 of 3502 Posts