Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

3481 - 3500 of 3502 Posts

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
4,672 Posts
bpounds, you are good. In the previous picture it looked like it was loose. Whoever put yours on did what I did, they bent the original bracket to work. I didn't like the bracket that came with kit.

·
4,672 Posts
Wish i had one of those kits. That is a spot where i will show how cheap i am
They are convenient for those who change oil often. When I put mine on I was averaging 10-12k a year so that was 3 or 4 oil changes a year. I could change oil in about 30 minutes without kit and 15 minutes with kit. I was replacing the front exhaust gasket so it didn't leak about every other time, with kit, this expense disappeared. Spent more time cleaning dirt from bike. Bought mine in 2015:

·
Registered
161 Posts
There are several brands of that kit. I have not been able to verify for certain what brand mine is. If there is a name on it I haven't found it.

If there is one thing about those kits that bothers me, it is the small I.D. of the hoses. I know folks run them for 100k miles and swear it is fine, so I have to believe that. But I don't have to like it.

·
4,672 Posts
There are several brands of that kit. I have not been able to verify for certain what brand mine is. If there is a name on it I haven't found it.

If there is one thing about those kits that bothers me, it is the small I.D. of the hoses. I know folks run them for 100k miles and swear it is fine, so I have to believe that. But I don't have to like it.
Looks like the Extension Depot from the oil filter arm. I had a concern also about the hoses. Then had someone point out how small the external oil feed likes were for the heads, never thought twice about it after that, 65k miles.

·
2,251 Posts
Damn, for that price I probably would've got one. I looked when I first got my 1100 and they were around $300. Not worth it for that price IMO.

·
Registered
5,444 Posts
Moved my VS650 as close as possible to Ursa
so I could get my 1975 Ariens Snowblower out of the garage and clear the snow from the driveway...

·
Super Moderator
6,100 Posts
It’s interesting how after I’ve been at work for 12 hours, I would think of going for a short ride to get some wind therapy. Now with the short days and long nights and winter setting in, no wind therapy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
2,251 Posts
Nowadays my wind therapy is trying to fend off frostbite in -5C temps with a wind chill of -20C. And it's only going to get worse. I much prefer the two wheeled kind.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
That was about the end for me on a short commute. When i had a 30 mile commute it was more like 40*. I remember one morning it was 23* and i rode to work. A guy said to me it wasn't that cold. I said did you ride in with your heat on and windows closed he said yes. I said then don't tell me how cold it is.

3481 - 3500 of 3502 Posts