Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

3921 - 3940 of 4003 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,763 Posts
Started some reassembly today, waiting for the painter to finish the tank and saddlebags so I can fire it up to tune in with the fuel processor.
I gotta admit re-installing the pipes was a pain. They were difficult to remove, even more difficult to re-install. I see why people leave the stock exhaust on, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2005 V-Star 1100 Classic
596 Posts
It's gonna be too purty to ride. What are you thinking Deek?

Love all that chrome Keith. And that free HF flashlight too.

·
Super Moderator
6,763 Posts
Thanks guys!
I’m waiting for the tank and saddlebags to return from the painter, at least the tank anyways. I want to set the processor before I take it for a ride. Hopefully the tank and bags will be done by Friday.
I started to reassemble it as much as possible while waiting for the painter. He photo matched the color so it would match the fenders. If it doesn’t match exactly, at least we’ll have the exact color match. This winter my plans are to powdercoat the wheels and black trim black and if the fenders need re-spraying we’ll do that as well.

·
Premium Member
2018 SVTC
2,566 Posts
Thanks guys!
I’m waiting for the tank and saddlebags to return from the painter, at least the tank anyways. I want to set the processor before I take it for a ride. Hopefully the tank and bags will be done by Friday.
I started to reassemble it as much as possible while waiting for the painter. He photo matched the color so it would match the fenders. If it doesn’t match exactly, at least we’ll have the exact color match. This winter my plans are to powdercoat the wheels and black trim black and if the fenders need re-spraying we’ll do that as well.

This would be a perfect opportunity to add some colored LED lights.
Just a thought.

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Well I am gonna bet Keith is having some bad weather....I checked this morning and I am starting to grow feathers! Rain Rain go away!
I hear that i went behind my garage and put a pump there to get rid of the flood going thru my garage. Kicked up 2 mallards.

·
Registered
6,638 Posts
I hear that i went behind my garage and put a pump there to get rid of the flood going thru my garage. ..
I have a low spot in my yard that pools water - I put a sump pump there and pump the water over the small hill that blocks the drainage

its been there for 20 years now - I put some bricks around it like a old timey water well...

·
Super Moderator
6,763 Posts
Redbird, you are correct! Been raining since last Sunday, daily showers every day through the weekend, and much cooler. When is the rain going to stop?
CG, good idea about the lights, been so focused on getting the tank and bags back from the painter that I never thought about it, thanks!

·
Premium Member
2018 SVTC
2,566 Posts
Redbird, you are correct! Been raining since last Sunday, daily showers every day through the weekend, and much cooler. When is the rain going to stop?
CG, good idea about the lights, been so focused on getting the tank and bags back from the painter that I never thought about it, thanks!

I’d like to recommend XKGlow Chrome series. App controlled... you’ve seen mine.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
6,658 Posts
Put a new phone holder on. It's all @graybeard fault!! 😆
When the Texas members had out meet in Belton he commented on how he liked my phone holder. I had that one on my 1100 for a few years and moved it to current bike over 1.5 years ago. Well, the arm that holds the phone finally broke. Guess that's what I get for bragging on how well it had held up. I use my phone for GPS a lot and always wanted it so I didn't have to look away. Decided to get the Ciro one made for Batwing fairing. Installing was easy, loosen one screw on fairing, slide bracket in and tighten screw back. It does sit a little higher than I thought but I look over the fairing so shouldn't be an issue. Took more time snaking charger cord and speaker output wire than mounting unit. I hate loose wires so spent some time to do it right. I stream music from phone to auxiliary port on radio. Haven't ridden with it yet but phone vibrated less than old holder that was on handlebar. I will post tomorrow after I ride to work and back.

·
Premium Member
2018 SVTC
2,566 Posts
Put a new phone holder on. It's all @graybeard fault!! 😆
When the Texas members had out meet in Belton he commented on how he liked my phone holder. I had that one on my 1100 for a few years and moved it to current bike over 1.5 years ago. Well, the arm that holds the phone finally broke. Guess that's what I get for bragging on how well it had held up. I use my phone for GPS a lot and always wanted it so I didn't have to look away. Decided to get the Ciro one made for Batwing fairing. Installing was easy, loosen one screw on fairing, slide bracket in and tighten screw back. It does sit a little higher than I thought but I look over the fairing so shouldn't be an issue. Took more time snaking charger cord and speaker output wire than mounting unit. I hate loose wires so spent some time to do it right. I stream music from phone to auxiliary port on radio. Haven't ridden with it yet but phone vibrated less than old holder that was on handlebar. I will post tomorrow after I ride to work and back.

View attachment 94407

View attachment 94408

View attachment 94409

View attachment 94410

View attachment 94411
I guess that’ll work, but it blocks about 1/4 of your windshield!

·
Registered
2000 V Star 1100 Classic
166 Posts
Ordered another MaxAir kit today. Already have one on the bike, but found out when I rebuilt the carb this weekend that someone replaced the MaxAir 145's with stock jets whenever it was last cleaned and/or rebuilt. Probably could have just bought jets but figured I'd have spare parts and I don't know if they replaced the needles with stock as well.

·
Premium Member
2018 SVTC
2,566 Posts
Well, work has been slow for me for a couple weeks. I need to get the heck outta the house! I’m shopping on line for bike candy TOO MUCH!! 😳
My video cam system shipped and will be here the 26th. I’ve also replaced a worn lock assembly, lid bumper pads, gas struts on the trailer and re-wired some of the tail lights. Also lubed all bearings and cleaned the Brembo brakes. Installed some more colored LED’s on the bike, added them to the underside of the trailer AND just ordered some more to install in the wheel wells. I think my credit card is starting to SCREAM!
I need to go back to work!

·
Registered
6,638 Posts
put a crash bar / engine guard on my 650 that I got used from forum member "2Shoes" for $120

dont know the manufacturer, bolted up perfectly

could not take a photo, my phone was charging

will post one ASAP

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Well, work has been slow for me for a couple weeks. I need to get the heck outta the house! I’m shopping on line for bike candy TOO MUCH!! 😳
My video cam system shipped and will be here the 26th. I’ve also replaced a worn lock assembly, lid bumper pads, gas struts on the trailer and re-wired some of the tail lights. Also lubed all bearings and cleaned the Brembo brakes. Installed some more colored LED’s on the bike, added them to the underside of the trailer AND just ordered some more to install in the wheel wells. I think my credit card is starting to SCREAM!
I need to go back to work!
Isn't you credit card like a battery you have to keep using it to stay good?

3921 - 3940 of 4003 Posts