Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

21 - 40 of 3502 Posts

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
I washed and polished her up.
Then took her on nice little 135 mile putt.
Now I'm gonna build a fire outside and sit
and drink some wine. See ya'll,
Ride safe!
You say build a fire and drink some wine, and you didn't invite me

and my love muffin

coulda been kinda fun.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Hmmm. Poop deck Pappy and George Burns in drag. Yes, a wild time indeed.:eek:

·
Registered
177 Posts
I have it parked on a relative shady street right now wondering if when I get off of duty whether or not I will be missing parts on it.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
That would suck bad.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Good news my bike is still intact. But the gas cap key cover was tampered with......Nice try but failed :)

·
Super Moderator
13,111 Posts
bought this:

Daytona Helmets

they call it a novelty helmet, but advertise all over that it's DOT approved. made from lamb hide and "The Smallest D.O.T. Half Shell Helmet Ever Made!!" was concerned about it being a 'safe' enough helmet because it doesn't have as much protection as the half helmet i already have and they also call this one a novelty helmet, but i wanted something smaller and if they advertise that it is DOT and it has the DOT mark on it, then it has to be DOT. and anything DOT certified is good by me

·
Registered
239 Posts
We rode a hundred+ miles today. From North Myrtle Beach to Murrells Inlet, SC and back. There has to be 200k to 300k bikes in the area (if not more) for the Myrtle Beach Bike Week/Harley Davidson Cruising the Coast. What fun. Hundreds of vendors hawking their ware. I must have spend $150 on T-Shirts, a mesh jacket, ahem, vest extender, pins and what not. The weather was perfect in the low 70's with low humidity. The only downer was we passed a crash where it appears a cage moved over right and the rider took it off the road to avoid the cage.

We were a group of three that expanded at times to groups of 10 - 20. It's great seeing all the rides - especially at night when a lot of them are lit up. I love bike week.

:)

·
Registered
923 Posts
Hoping to make it to cigar night with a local club I'm checking out...if I'm lucky the rain will be over by then and I'll be able to ride. If not I'll have to cage it until tomorrow!

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #34

·
Banned
4,088 Posts
Today was bring your bike into work day 'LITERALY"

Weather station predicted t-storms for this afternoon,, eh, so what,
well just about two hours ago we had a brief tornado on the ground about 45 miles due west. Storms are heading East at a good clip. So, I brought it inside while I await my ride home.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Went another 15 miles on my country back-roads,getting better at making 180' turnaround and turning in general,and not having a heart attack every time i meet a truck on these skinny roads.

·
Banned
4,088 Posts
LOL!
I can laugh about it now because I chose to leave at the perfect time. I had to travel west to get home which is the direction the storms approached from. As the first storm cell was just about passed, I had just enough time to head directly towards the next batch of t-storms but choosing the right set of roads south and made it to my house about 15 minutes before.

·
Registered
177 Posts
choke relocation, new plugs, removed passenger pegs, curse at the air intake box, throw air intake box.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I got here really,really hot.
JaBo

21 - 40 of 3502 Posts