Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

4141 - 4160 of 4211 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Stratoliner, 2014 Triumph Rocket III Touring, '81 XS650SH Project
203 Posts
Just picked up my new-to-me 2006 Stratoliner with 117K miles. Old tires with a 2003 date. Kind of odd but they gotta be replaced
The head bearings are very tight and either need greased or replaced. The right blinker and fog light stock is broken and it has lots of rust. I love it.
Now to haul it home in Virginia from S/E Texas.
20200629_115504.jpg
20200629_125132.jpg

·
Registered
370 Posts
Just picked up my new-to-me 2006 Stratoliner with 117K miles. Old tires with a 2003 date. Kind of odd but they gotta be replaced
The head bearings are very tight and either need greased or replaced. The right blinker and fog light stock is broken and it has lots of rust. I love it.
Now to haul it home in Virginia from S/E Texas. View attachment 96151 View attachment 96152
Those are such cool looking bikes! Have fun with it. Can’t wait to see more pictures as it evolves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2005 V-Star 1100 Classic
923 Posts
Is that the seller in the last pic? I thought I could see sadness in his face as it drives away.

I'll be interested to see how you clean up the corrosion.

·
Administrator
3,504 Posts
Beautiful bikes. Looking forward to seeing how you "freshen" yours up. I'm seriously considering looking for one of those for my next bike.

·
Administrator
3,504 Posts
Nice. You don't see them often around here but there was one I saw online - on 07 I believe, dark gray with a fairing, hard bags, Ultimate drivers seat with backrest, 35,000 km (22,000 miles) for $7500. There's another one with 65,000 km (40,000 miles) and completely stock for $6400. The first one sold within a week. The other one is still listed but the mileage is a little higher than I'd want. Sadly, a new bike isn't in the budget this season. Hopefully next. I love my bike but I want something with less miles.

·
Registered
2006 Stratoliner, 2014 Triumph Rocket III Touring, '81 XS650SH Project
203 Posts
Now to haul it home in Virginia from S/E Texas. View attachment 96151 View attachment 96152
That is my cousin who gave the bike to me. He got it from the PO. My cousin says it is too big for him. He may look tall there but he is on the high side of the hill. Heck, his feet barely touch the ground when he stands up.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Walked by Babe this morning, gave her a pat on the seat and said I’ll see you in a few days. Another week of traveling for work. Ugh.

·
Super Moderator
6,946 Posts
Having a day off I cut a good bit of the yard, then I took a break and worked on the RoadStar.
I’m having to re-spray the gauge cluster because the paint already is chipping. Maybe I needed more primer, lol.
Finished putting the wind deflectors back on the fairing with the brackets.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
That is my cousin who gave the bike to me. He got it from the PO. My cousin says it is too big for him. He may look tall there but he is on the high side of the hill. Heck, his feet barely touch the ground when he stands up.
That must be a Texas thing, Les has the same problem, He has to do it on his tippie toes (we have pictures of it on here)

·
Registered
3,681 Posts
Does he drive the golf cart (in background) standing on the seat?

·
Registered
503 Posts
Upgraded the passing/driving lamps from halogen H3 to LED. I think lumens are about the same, wattage went from 50 to 8, color temp from warm 3500K to bright white 6500K. Much more visible. In clip, left is original halogen, right is LED.
Hopefully, the link will work.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I’m also very curious about the progress of restoration…

4141 - 4160 of 4211 Posts