Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

4161 - 4180 of 4211 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,946 Posts
dmil123,
Where did you purchase the upgrade for the passing lights? I really like the look of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
503 Posts
Superbrightleds for $10 ea + $5 S+H. Hopefully, the link works.

·
Super Moderator
6,946 Posts
Awesome!
Thank you sir, brake light looks great as well, the link worked fine. We’re they easy to change out?

·
Registered
503 Posts
Awesome!
Thank you sir, brake light looks great as well, the link worked fine. We’re they easy to change out?

yes, direct fit... just a bulb swap... no need for any modification on my VS650. Same with the brake light but a different led bulb.

·
Registered
503 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Yamaha Pat put me to work today and this was the result. He gave me this wax as a prize.
I thought it looked good before. No those ain't murals.

View attachment 96211 View attachment 96212
That isn't a scratch in the top of the tank it is a reflection of my power wires.
That looks awesome. What wax did he send? Need to look at that.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Where is the pics? You should know better than that, Have i taught you nothing? :LOL:
Finally got around to the pics. Too hot, sweaty, and miserable when I did the install to record the process.
Viking Lamellar hardbags with 'leather' covering.
My only advice is to measure and install the side that has the highest point on the swing arm. On the Vstar 1300, that is the belt guard / cover. I installed the muffler side first, and then discovered that would be far too low to clear the belt cover. I don't love the way these look, (they are up a little high, but I didn't want to chance it with the belt cover, and another spacer would have pushed them too far out), but I couldn't swing the $$$ for the Vstar specific Yamaha bags, (used), I found online.
They will get the job done until I can weasel my way into a new-ish to me bike ;) . bike 1.JPG bike 2.JPG

·
Registered
3,681 Posts
Finally got around to the pics. Too hot, sweaty, and miserable when I did the install to record the process.
Viking Lamellar hardbags with 'leather' covering.
My only advice is to measure and install the side that has the highest point on the swing arm. On the Vstar 1300, that is the belt guard / cover. I installed the muffler side first, and then discovered that would be far too low to clear the belt cover. I don't love the way these look, (they are up a little high, but I didn't want to chance it with the belt cover, and another spacer would have pushed them too far out), but I couldn't swing the $$$ for the Vstar specific Yamaha bags, (used), I found online.
They will get the job done until I can weasel my way into a new-ish to me bike ;) . View attachment 96236 View attachment 96237
I like them if something happened to my bags i would go with something like that. I also like th c ardinal dad sticker on the front fender.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I like them if something happened to my bags i would go with something like that. I also like the cardinal dad sticker on the front fender.
Nice that you noticed that, thanks. That is actually an Indiana University of Pennsylvania crimson hawk. My daughter graduated from there in 2019. Takes away most of my 'street cred', but she's my daughter and I am a proud dad....

·
Premium Member
2005 V-Star 1100 Classic
923 Posts
Oil change. Decided to give this stuff a try. Defying all logic, and following along with internet reviews. Let me know if you can see the pics. I'm setting up a couple of new PC's today.

4161 - 4180 of 4211 Posts