Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

4361 - 4380 of 4449 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
I hear ya! I’m anxious to see how much it cuts down any buffeting, like you guys we are getting more rain, again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have the same lowers on my 1300 tourer. They almost totally eliminated all the buffeting and have very little wind coming up from down low.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Looks like you had a lot of fum out there with your new camera setup, impressive!

Thanks! I love the fact that I can simply pull out of our neighborhood and be riding roads that are a blast to ride. I can ride those same types of roads for hours and never be more than 10 or 15 miles from home.

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
So I bought a “GoPro” equivalent camera from Amazon and mounted it on the bike.

I bought a Akaso Brave 4 camera. It’s a 4K, waterproof camera with Electronic Image Stabilization, up to 4K at 30fps, waterproof to 98 feet deep. I also got a 64GB SD card and an accessory kit and it all cost me just over $100.

I used some of the parts that came with the camera and some from the accessory kit to mount it to the bike handlebars so that the camera sneaks around the edge of the windshield.

Here is a quick video I took riding around the block out where we live, unfortunately I didn’t know the sound wasn’t active so will have to set that up I guess.

Also, don’t pay any attention to the “snarky” intro and ending, that’s just me being silly.

So far I like the camera but time will tell how it really performs. Plan on using it at work as well to film tutorials for using our latest robotic system we are shipping.

I hope you had everyone sign a release to be in your movie. Especially the people in the golf cart.

·
Super Moderator
7,229 Posts
Today I received my new back rest pad for the RoadStar, and the LED bulbs for the passing lamps!

So now that my partners have tested NEGATIVE for the virus, I’ll have this weekend off, can ya guess what I’ll be doing this weekend?.....

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
I'm gonna go with catching up on some much needed sleep....Then some sun exposure to up your Vitamin D levels....Then wrestle around with the fur babies..Then maybe if there is time getting the Roadie out for some exercise..

·
Registered
2006 Stratoliner, 2014 Triumph Rocket III Touring, '81 XS650SH Project
576 Posts
Today I received my new back rest pad for the RoadStar, and the LED bulbs for the passing lamps!

So now that my partners have tested NEGATIVE for the virus, I’ll have this weekend off, can ya guess what I’ll be doing this weekend?.....

You won't take all weekend to install those will ya? ;)

·
Super Moderator
7,229 Posts
I’m not hoping to take all weekend to do the upgrades, lol. Catching up on some sleep, definitely, and the fur babies will get some attention as usual. Now as far as the rain, around here lately, ya gotta keep an eye on the sky!

·
Registered
572 Posts
I put the Hard-krome American Classic 2.5" with hard tips pipes onto the bike.

Drove 2 miles and took them off. Way too loud! They look nice but not enough to justify a ticket.

Back to the Screamin Eagles.

·
Registered
46 Posts

Some pics with the LED or the specs? I also intend to migrate all the light system from classic to LED, and now I'm collecting info...

·
Super Moderator
7,229 Posts
Here you go Lup69,
These were $20 from their website and quick shipping.
Now if only I scan come up hooking up LED’s to my helmet for night riding.....

·
Registered
01, Roadstar 1600. /08 1700
131 Posts
changed the oil and filter. It was pretty dirty. With only 4 thousand miles may be original oil. I also changed gear case lube and took off the rest of the ais system. Is raining so can't test it out but just running it in the garage it took care of the backfiring. They were loud pops.

4361 - 4380 of 4449 Posts