Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

5061 - 5080 of 5110 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Yamaha XVS1100a Classic
124 Posts
Sun came out so I went riding... but it was f***in' cold! :eek: Second pic is from down at the beach.

·
Registered
2001 Yamaha XVS650 Dragstar Classic and 1999 Honda NT650V Deauville
1,019 Posts
As long as you are all safe and sound, Keith, that is the important bit. Stuff can be replaced. Hope the insurance covers everything.

·
Super Moderator
7,859 Posts
I’ll find out more tomorrow when the insurance adjuster comes by.
This past Monday evening we had a garage fire that totaled my 91 GMC truck and caused a lot of damage to the garage. No one was hurt and the bikes are all ok.

and here’s what is left of my truck. Main thing is we’re safe and we have good insurance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
7,859 Posts
Not as yet, still looking into it. The adjuster came by Friday and he’s sending out a clean up crew and they will inventory the damaged and lost items.
A lot of stuff just needs cleaned up from the smoke. He said the quick response from the fire department saved a lot of damage.

·
Registered
5,332 Posts
A good thing was all three bikes fired up and I examined them closely, but didn’t find any damage. Their covers will need replacing because of the soot they had. It’s a lot cheaper than the bikes being damaged, but I’d bought good covers.

Super glad to hear

·
Super Moderator
7,859 Posts
I agree Jspree, I’ve responded to a ton even before the Fire department arrived and they were the hardest to put out.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut" - Houston, Texas
2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), 2006 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic
10,501 Posts
Carla's new helmet came in today and put the wired speakers and mic boom. Had to remove some foam in ear pockets to get them to sit right. She's happy with it. Now for the weather break so we can go for a ride.

·
Registered
2006, Yamaha, Royal Star Tour Deluxe
133 Posts
Yes it's good to hear everyone is safe. Have they determined a cause?
WOW!!!!
Glad to know that everything looks OK concerning you and family and bikes....🙋‍♂️
Good luck for restoration...🛠

·
Registered
2006, Yamaha, Royal Star Tour Deluxe
133 Posts
Carla's new helmet came in today and put the wired speakers and mic boom. Had to remove some foam in ear pockets to get them to sit right. She's happy with it. Now for the weather break so we can go for a ride.

View attachment 103610
Well done!!
Also I've "performed" this action last weekend, for the new helmet of my wife...
Maybe this evening I will do the same for my new helmet also...
I'm also curious about the connector, looks like we have used for audio in the 80', 90's...is it?

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Moved it out of the way so I could get to some tools... had a ballast go out on my basement florescent lights so instead of replacing the ballast.... just go ahead and upgrade to LED can lights. Got 4 installed. 12 more to do. What a way to spend a vaca week... electrical work... doing taxes... and oh yea... shoveling snow!

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Began sanding down the saddlebags, top trunk, one fairing cover and the helmet for painting. Received Givi crash bars and new helmet visor for my Arai with a flip-up sun screen.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
So, over the weekend I got a lot done to my CBF:

1. Fitted new Osram Nightbreaker bulbs supposed to give 150% more light and much longer range
  2. Fitted new Osram sidelight (parking light) bulbs just because I was in there already and the old ones were probably the original from 2007
  3. Fixed the mounts for the cat eye fitted to the top trunk
  4. Fitted the Givi crash bars (why on earth did Honda make the holes in the frame a mm too small in diameter to retract the nut and bolt from the lower engine mount?)
  5. Replaced LHS upper from engine mount bolt, that turned out to be bent after a spill by a PO, with a cylinder head bolt from an old Opel
  6. Moved the power take-off for the temp gauge from the coil to the instrument light positive wire, and included a quick-connector while at it
  7. Sanded down, primed and painted my Arai helmet
  8. Sanded the clear on the Honda by Givi top box to get rid of lots of minor scuffs and painted it with 2K clear
  9. Filled, sanded, primed, painted and cleared the Honda by Givi saddlebags that was badly messed up after several tip-overs by a PO
  10. Sanded, primed damage with spray-on-filler, partly painted and fully cleared the LHS fairing panel that, you guessed it, a PO scratched in a tip-over
  11. "Welded" the cracked front fender with a soldering iron and used PL200 to bond it on the inside and also used the PL200 as a filler - will touch-up in a day or two

5061 - 5080 of 5110 Posts