2000 Yamaha XVS1100a Classic
123 Posts
Just stood and looked at it today...
Where is that elusive global warming when it's needed? :cool:

·
Registered
2001 Yamaha XVS650 Dragstar Classic and 1999 Honda NT650V Deauville
1,019 Posts
We have had up to +10C the past couple of days - 10 days ago we had -16C, which is very unusually cold for this part of Norway.

Just a few more words on the Honda lower rear engine mount. There are holes in the frame where you can see the nut (on the RHS) and the bolt head (obviously LHS), but not only are the holes too small to fit a tool through, they do not allow removal of bolt or nut. Well, not quite through; you can knock the bolt out just enough to drop the nut and washer, but then what? Unless you want to remove the swingarm and center stand in order to get the whole frame section unbolted, you need to file the hole bigger. I used my Dremel for this. But why not make the holes a millimeter larger and fix the issue from the factory? Beats me.

·
Registered
123 Posts
We have had up to +10C the past couple of days - 10 days ago we had -16C, which is very unusually cold for this part of Norway.

Just a few more words on the Honda lower rear engine mount. There are holes in the frame where you can see the nut (on the RHS) and the bolt head (obviously LHS), but not only are the holes too small to fit a tool through, they do not allow removal of bolt or nut. Well, not quite through; you can knock the bolt out just enough to drop the nut and washer, but then what? Unless you want to remove the swingarm and center stand in order to get the whole frame section unbolted, you need to file the hole bigger. I used my Dremel for this. But why not make the holes a millimeter larger and fix the issue from the factory? Beats me.

Somtimes even the good manufacturers do truly strange things. The oil change kerfuffle of the 1100 vstar comes to mind.

Reactions: Redbird58 and faffi

·
Registered
2006, Yamaha, Royal Star Tour Deluxe
133 Posts
Hi,
As per my previous post, #5,074 , I have already installed also to my new helmet the also new intercom...due to the lack of time, only this morning I was able to upload also a short video/slides:
Still waiting for the summer....

·
Registered
123 Posts
Got that ride in I was hoping for. She seems to be running pretty good.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Last year i got the classic out at least 1 day every day during the winter. Not once this winter so far.
Last few years I have been out mostly whenever I wanted but this year there was just too much snow and ice. ⛄

·
Registered
377 Posts
Well in hopes of spring I figured I better get a few maintenance things done on the Road Star. I picked up pads so thought I'd start in the rear. When I got the bike someone had drilled out the blind nut on the bag bracket, so I decided since the bag needed to come off anyway I'd fix that. So I'll stop at the hardware store and get a nut to weld on and new bolt.

However, last time I tried to get the passenger floorboard off the allen socket slipped and damaged things. So I was unable to use a socket and ended up having to drill the head off. Of course it seemed someone may have used red locktite to hold those bolts so it was a bear to get out. But persistence paid off and it's removed. Now I just need to get a new bolt for that as well.....

While I could get the caliper off without removing the exhaust it looks like it would be a pain. So I loosened up the clamps and bracket bolts but couldn't get the exhaust to slip off. The bike was up on a jack so didn't want to get too carried away. Figured I'd leave it for now and try again later.

I pulled the side covers off to see if there were room for the canister of the electronic cruise control I'd like to add. It's going to be pretty tight but I have an idea of where I may be able to mount it. We'll see. I'd sure love to be able to have that for longer highway type of trips.

·
Super Moderator
7,859 Posts
I rode it!
Monica and I had our first ride of 2021, so we rode to our fav Mexican restaurant in Spring City!
Wind therapy was very gratifying and I can’t wait for spring!

Leaving the house.....

Arriving at Ayala’s....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
198 Posts
I rode it!
Monica and I had our first ride of 2021, so we rode to our fav Mexican restaurant in Spring City!
Wind therapy was very gratifying and I can’t wait for spring!

Leaving the house.....

Arriving at Ayala’s....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Me too.... I rode mine too!!! A little wind therapy before work is ALWAYS a great thing.... THAT will help me get thru the night!!!! The ride to the restaurant was awesome - I can't wait til spring as well!!!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2005 V-Star 1100 Classic
1,402 Posts
I'm jealous of the Mexican food. Did you know that low-carb Mexican food is an oxymoron? Doesn't exist.

5081 - 5100 of 5109 Posts