Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

5181 - 5200 of 5269 Posts

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut" - Houston, Texas
2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), 2006 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic
10,895 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Les is on the left right?

Reactions: lesblank

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut" - Houston, Texas
2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), 2006 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic
10,895 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,991 Posts
Today it’s sunny, 72degrees and I’m doing a little spring cleaning on the RoadStar before I head out for an afternoon ride.
I tried a couple of new products and wanted to share them with everyone and see if they’ve had any experience with them. I don’t have a before pic of my RoadStar but I have a few after.
Tell me what y’all think....

Here’s the new products I tried out. Good results, easy off and on, and I plan to keep using them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
684 Posts
Today it’s sunny, 72degrees and I’m doing a little spring cleaning on the RoadStar before I head out for an afternoon ride.
I tried a couple of new products and wanted to share them with everyone and see if they’ve had any experience with them. I don’t have a before pic of my RoadStar but I have a few after.

Here’s the new products I tried out. Good results, easy off and on, and I plan to keep using them.

It looks good. I like the hard bags.
What can you tell me about those driving lights? Cost, brand, and most important how well they function? My eyes are getting worse at night, I need to add as much daylight as I can get my hands on.

Edited: The line about les didn't belong in this post. Not sure how it got here. I'm thinking it may have been a remnant left over from the previous posting.

·
Registered
999 Posts
To me it's a very good jacket for the price. Did you get the black or silver? I had a black one for over 5 years and the Texas sun finally faded the black to almost gray. I got the silver one now. It's my go to jacket on most days. Found out the silver one is much cooler in the sun. I wore mine today.

View attachment 104874
I’ve got the same jacket. Been pretty impressed with it. Hopefully I’ll be switching to it soon. Still chilly on the morning ride so wearing the weather proof one still.

·
Registered
999 Posts

I like both meguiars and mothers products for detailing. Can’t go wrong with either brand.

·
Registered
2000 Yamaha XVS1100a Classic
182 Posts
Got this XVS 650 choke cable in the post today... now where to mount it on my XVS 1100a? :giggle:

Reactions: Lorax

·
Super Moderator
7,991 Posts
CantRider,
The lights are factory, and I swapped the bulbs out for LED’s. I swapped the turn signal bulbs for’switchback’ LED bulbs from Amazon. Very bright at night. I live out in the country and the extra lighting helps.
I’ve seen the passing lights kit for $200-$300 on EBay and Amazon, and the Switchback bulbs for $20 from Amazon.

·
Super Moderator
7,991 Posts
The Meguiars is a new ceramic wax that I’ve been wanting to try especially after our garage fire. The RoadStar wasn’t damaged, but their was smoke residue on each bike. I have a good friend at a local AZ that also rides and I asked him for a suggestion on wax. He highly recommended the ceramic wax, and the chrome polish. He said they work well on his Harley that’s all blacked out.
I even used the ceramic wax on the engine casing, cleaned it all first, the waxed it all. Last evening we rode to our fav A&W root beer joint for dinner, then back home, was still looking good.

·
Registered
684 Posts
CantRider,
The lights are factory, and I swapped the bulbs out for LED’s. I swapped the turn signal bulbs for’switchback’ LED bulbs from Amazon. Very bright at night. I live out in the country and the extra lighting helps.
I’ve seen the passing lights kit for $200-$300 on EBay and Amazon, and the Switchback bulbs for $20 from Amazon.

I'm referring to whatever is mounted on the engine guard, not the passing lights alongside the headlight. Aren't those driving lights? I know those are not OEM. I'm in the country also, that's why I'm asking.

·
Super Moderator
7,991 Posts
Sorry CantRider, I misunderstood your question.
Those are my LED amber fog lights that my wife bought me for Christmas. Since you know that living in the country, especially at night,everything is extremely dark.
When the fog lights are lit up, the amber beam lights up the fog lines on the road quite nicely, and they work well. Also living at the edge of the mountains, we can get some very dense fog.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Got this XVS 650 choke cable in the post today... now where to mount it on my XVS 1100a? :giggle:
View attachment 104933
After much looking & measuring & thinking... I settled on this. Will put it on the bike tomorrow, but now it's time for motorcycle racing on TV, and a couple of beers. Cheers!
🍺
😎
🎶

·
Registered
182 Posts
Further to my post about mounting the XVS650 choke cable on my 1100. Finished it up today and it works great. I settled on the right hand side because it seemed to have a better curve for the cable whereas the left mount added a few more curves, probably would have worked just the same but this fit my mind better. 😎 On the right there is more clearance for the knob when fully extended and I also realised that I almost always start the bike from the right side so it saves me from leaning over the bike to pull the knob. It's a lot less intrusive/obvious than I expected so I will most likely leave it where it is. One less cable to clutter up my front end as well, so basically a win-win! 😊

Attachments

5181 - 5200 of 5269 Posts