Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

5201 - 5220 of 5269 Posts

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut" - Houston, Texas
2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), 2006 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic
10,895 Posts
That's really looking good!!!

Reactions: Lorax

·
Registered
2011 Yamaha VStar 650
489 Posts
Started getting ready for having new tires mounted... Decided to block in the lettering on them - I think they are going to look sweet when they finally make it on to my bobber.
PXL_20210402_012904714.jpg

·
Registered
684 Posts
Started getting ready for having new tires mounted... Decided to block in the lettering on them - I think they are going to look sweet when they finally make it on to my bobber.
View attachment 105199
I put those same tires on my 650. The white lettering looks good.

·
Registered
2011 Yamaha VStar 650
489 Posts
Test fitted the new fairing to the bike. Need to work on the brackets a bit so it mounts correctly and clears all the hoses and stuff on the front.

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's gonna look great when painted @matthewd92 !

·
Premium Member
1,053 Posts

I mounted a windshield bag and a power outlet to charge my phone (and camera when I get one).
There is 2 usb ports under the square cover and one for cigarette lighter. The clear plastic is smart phone approved, I can work the touch screen while it's in the cover.

·
Registered
2011 Yamaha VStar 650
489 Posts
Rolled it outside to get a picture of it next to my son's car since they are virtually the same color.

Looks like a nice day in Norway @faffi !

·
Registered
2001 Yamaha XVS650 Dragstar Classic and 1999 Honda NT650V Deauville
1,125 Posts
Yup, better than the rain we've been having. Strong winds from North and 9C made it look better in pictures than it actually was, though.

·
Registered
2000 Yamaha XVS1100a Classic
182 Posts
Went for a blast around the local back roads. I feel much better now. :)

Reactions: matthewd92

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
I found out how to really kill a battery. Take a 4 year old battery in a Stratoliner and leave the ignition on all night, it works really well on killing the battery......so neighbor took me to Batteries + Bulbs for a new battery. I bought the best battery they have and it was $103 including tax. They have a super battery made so that a Harley can't shake it apart. So in my Yamaha it will do great

·
Premium Member
2005 V-Star 1100 Classic
1,500 Posts
In the olden days, early days of electronic ignition, the warning was to not leave the ignition turned on while sitting. Like listening to the radio for example. That's what the accessory position is for.

Anyone know if that kind of thing is still a thing? I know that I never do it, but not sure if it matters for real.

In other news, I installed a luggage rack today. Real piece of crapola too. Spent all morning reworking it to make it fit.

Reactions: Jspree

·
Registered
684 Posts
I found out how to really kill a battery. Take a 4 year old battery in a Stratoliner and leave the ignition on all night, it works really well on killing the battery......so neighbor took me to Batteries + Bulbs for a new battery. I bought the best battery they have and it was $103 including tax. They have a super battery made so that a Harley can't shake it apart. So in my Yamaha it will do great
I did that too! With me, it was a lot longer than overnight though. When I checked the old battery on the bike, it read 0 volts and wouldn't take a charge. The day after I changed it, when it was in the house, I decided to put it on the charger, just to see what happens. Surprise, Surprise; it charged up. I now have a spare but would of preferred not to spend the money in the first place.

Reactions: Jspree

·
Registered
684 Posts
In the olden days, early days of electronic ignition, the warning was to not leave the ignition turned on while sitting. Like listening to the radio for example. That's what the accessory position is for.

Anyone know if that kind of thing is still a thing? I know that I never do it, but not sure if it matters for real.
I've wondered about that as well. My truck doesn't have an acc position. If I want to open the window or listen to the radio, I have to turn it to on, without hitting the starter.

·
Premium Member
1,053 Posts
, the warning was to not leave the ignition turned on while sitting. Like listening to the radio for example.
I remember from the days of points and condensers that doing that could smoke a set of points. Not sure how true that is.

5201 - 5220 of 5269 Posts