Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

5241 - 5246 of 5246 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Yamaha XVS1100a Classic
168 Posts
I got the 650 left side hand controls a couple of days ago and tried to install it today. The plugs are not the same at all so gave that up and stuck one of the side cover Yamaha badges on the top of the triple tree instead. At least something got done... :cool:

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
I put a couple of miles on the tires.
However as I was doing an inspection of the bike. I noticed on of my driving light was out. (Add on lights. Not OEM to the bike.) Looks like I might as well order two. If one goes. It's probably not long before the other one goes.

Ride smart. Ride often.

·
Registered
2000 Yamaha XVS1100a Classic
168 Posts
Got back to fiddling with the 650 switches, pulled the innards from the 1100 switch casing and installed them into the 650 casing. Of course the 650 one didn't have the brights flasher switch hole so out with the dremmel and cut a hole. Not perfect but it works, and I'll probably be the only one who ever notices that the hole isn't 100% straight. Then of course I discovered that the spring on the hooter button only goes one way and that way was not the way I replaced it... and then had headlight problems that turned out to be the bright/dim switch that had come slightly apart and wasn't making contact on the points... all in all I had that sucker open and closed about four times, but I learned a bunch that I wouldn't have learned any other way. I'm a happy little motorcyclist today! 😊

Reactions: lesblank

·
Registered
2001 Yamaha XVS650 Dragstar Classic and 1999 Honda NT650V Deauville
1,123 Posts
My 650 has the high beam flasher button, but it does nothing. Just as with my son's MT-07, that button does nothing, either. Not sure if they are not connected from the factory, or if something is malfunctioning. Not important enough for me to check on.

·
Registered
3,930 Posts
The flasher button would have to be something for EU, here in the United States they don't even have that button. We have High and low beam, turn signals and horn on the left side. On the right we have Kill switch and starter button.

5241 - 5246 of 5246 Posts