Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

5281 - 5300 of 5356 Posts

·
Premium Member
2000 Yamaha XVS1100a Classic
212 Posts
Today I installed a bates style rear light in place of the mini cats-eye that never really grabbed me. I like that my headlight and tail-light match in style now. I especially like that the tail-light is led and is VERY bright! I also had to install a number-plate light because the new tail-light doesn't have one built in. New reflector looks better than the old too. While I was about it I also tidied up the number-plate mount a little, now it sits a bit closer to the fender and the mess of wires behind there are not so visible.

The indicator lights look too big... 🙄 Maybe time for a couple of Kellermann Atto lights. 😎

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Nothing better than having all three bikes clean eh Matt! Great little detailer you have there!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He does a really good job. Looking at those pictures I’m not sure if we have a bike problem or a commercial mower problem....that’s not all the mowers!

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut" - Houston, Texas
2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), 2006 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic
11,088 Posts
Looking at those pictures I’m not sure if we have a bike problem or a commercial mower problem....that’s not all the mowers!

By looking at how high your grass is getting, might want to crank one of them up. Just picking on you. ;)

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
By looking at how high your grass is getting, might want to crank one of them up. Just picking on you. ;)
Hah, I did yesterday after work. It rained all day Saturday and we do not mow grass on Sundays as we don’t want to disturb our neighbors....wish I could say the same for the next door neighbor though. He’s home all week and then chooses Sunday afternoon as the day to mow the grass, when he chooses to mow it. It’s taller than ours! Don’t they know that’s prime “napping” time!

·
Registered
499 Posts
What's this "napping" you speak of? Thankfully I don't have neighbors close enough to bother me while I sleep. I do have one neighbor that seems to wait until about 8:30/9:00PM before he starts. I think he just likes to use the lights on his JD tractor. Sometimes the dew is so heavy I can't imagine what the deck looks like when he's done.

·
Registered
2011 Yamaha VStar 650
509 Posts
Over the last week or so...
  • New tubes & tires (Bridgestone tubes and Pirelli MT66 tires)
  • Replaced final drive oil
  • Greased (Honda M77 paste) drive shaft splines
  • Replaced oil and filter
  • Replaced air filter
All she really needs now is a good clean and polish to get last year's bugs off... And to be ridden of course!

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
What's this "napping" you speak of? Thankfully I don't have neighbors close enough to bother me while I sleep. I do have one neighbor that seems to wait until about 8:30/9:00PM before he starts. I think he just likes to use the lights on his JD tractor. Sometimes the dew is so heavy I can't imagine what the deck looks like when he's done.
Hopefully next year when we downsize we’ll have that issue. Looking for a smaller house and a hell of a lot more land. That’s how that normally works right?

·
Registered
2002 Yamaha Roadstar xv1600a
46 Posts
Today I fitted the Breakaway throttle lock and took it for a test ride. I’m very impressed! 👍🏼 Tomorrow I travel away for my 2 week stint, can’t wait to get back home and on my Road Star again chasing those white lines.

·
Registered
2 Posts
For me and the new 1300; Cobra slip on's, Cobra Sissy bar, National Cycle Switchblade windshield (prefer it off, wife prefers it on), Ivan's ECU, Kuryakn passenger floorboards, wireless phone charger/holder, Atlas throttle lock, and Baron's Tourer handlebar. It's been a busy week!

All that means that it had to be road tested, so I put on the miles as well this week. every chance I got.

5281 - 5300 of 5356 Posts