Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

5301 - 5320 of 5356 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Yamaha XVS650 Dragstar Classic and 1999 Honda NT650V Deauville
1,166 Posts
Today I fitted the Breakaway throttle lock and took it for a test ride. I’m very impressed! 👍🏼
I have often wanted something like that, but I prefer the more inconspicuous version used on many older bikes with a screw at the bottom of the switchgear that can be used to adjust friction. However, not sure how it would work on the CBF, where a tenth of a millimeter has a noticeable impact on the speed. Light flywheel and plenty of power is not always ideal.

·
Registered
2001 Yamaha XVS650 Dragstar Classic and 1999 Honda NT650V Deauville
1,166 Posts
Received the TPS, but with one hand rendered useless for now it must wait a bit before I can fit it 😔

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut" - Houston, Texas
2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), 2006 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic
11,088 Posts
Layed my bike down last night to avoid an accident, not a lot of damage and a sore wrist. Time and money will make it all better.
Hope you heal quickly. Going to take much to get the bike back to 100 percent?

Reactions: faffi

·
Registered
2011 Yamaha VStar 650
509 Posts
Layed my bike down last night to avoid an accident, not a lot of damage and a sore wrist. Time and money will make it all better.
That sucks - glad to hear you are ok

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Live to ride another day! Great ending to an otherwise not great event. Hope the bike and you are doing ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Today I fitted the Breakaway throttle lock and took it for a test ride. I’m very impressed! Tomorrow I travel away for my 2 week stint, can’t wait to get back home and on my Road Star again chasing those white lines.
Which one did you get? Pictures?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
303 Posts
Does that cruise control work with any grip? I have Avon grips on both my V-Star and my Harley and don't want to have to change them, as I like them a lot.

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Not liking the lay down, liking the avoiding. Heal quick, no one needs a gimpy wrist...

Reactions: Redbird58

·
Registered
5,498 Posts
Checked the front tire on my classic. I went to pull the classic out of the garage on saturday and it had a front flat. What the heck, i aired it up a week prior it was a little low. Thought i would change the valve stem. Went to take it out and it was loose. Tightened it up and so far so good.

·
Registered
Star Eluder
237 Posts
Sitting at the dealer getting the break switch recall done. Trying to decide weather to get the valve clearance check for the 16000 mile service

Update 1:45 minutes waiting and I sat on a gold wing.... not for me, no leg room.

Update 2:20..... I sat on a venture for half an hour and it's not as comfortable as my Eluder.

Final update of this interesting experience. In the end it took them 2 hours and 40 minutes to change a part they thought would take 30. Why did this happen? Turns out these folks had never seen an Eluder before and had little idea what they were doing. I say this with certainty since the dude that worked on it had me turn it on to make sure it worked cause he didn't know how to turn the bike on..................... So that shop will be a buy parts from shop only and no more working on it. Time to learn how to check the valve clearance for the 16000 mile service myself.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,498 Posts
Sitting at the dealer getting the break switch recall done. Trying to decide weather to get the valve clearance check for the 16000 mile service

Update 1:45 minutes waiting and I sat on a gold wing.... not for me, no leg room.

Update 2:20..... I sat on a venture for half an hour and it's not as comfortable as my Eluder.

Final update of this interesting experience. In the end it took them 2 hours and 40 minutes to change a part they thought would take 30. Why did this happen? Turns out these folks had never seen an Eluder before and had little idea what they were doing. I say this with certainty since the dude that worked on it had me turn it on to make sure it worked cause he didn't know how to turn the bike on..................... So that shop will be a buy parts from shop only and no more working on it. Time to learn how to check the valve clearance for the 16000 mile service myself.

It is such a shame eluder guys with the problems i have heard on service.

·
Registered
Star Eluder
237 Posts
It is such a shame eluder guys with the problems i have heard on service.
Well it is suspected that they made less than a thousand Eluders. (I'm so sold on this bike I'm defending these clowns) This will be the last limited production bike I ever own. When buying it I should have done more research but it is such an awsome ride when I test road it I had to have it. I've been trying to convince myself to sell and get something with more aftermarket support then I go for a ride and change my mind. Also seems weird they couldn't start it since I sat on a venture in their showroom but I talked with the sales guy and it wasn't actually theirs but a bike they were selling for someone and they just got it in.

·
Premium Member
2000 Yamaha XVS1100a Classic
212 Posts
Installed the Kellermann Atto led indicator lights this morning and OMG those tiny little suckers are BRIGHT!! 🤩

Reactions: Vandy

·
Registered
Star Eluder
237 Posts
Installed the Kellermann led indicator lights this morning and OMG those tiny little suckers are BRIGHT!!

Now just have to get the resistors wired in so they don't hyperflash and drive me or others totally insane... :eek:

...and just a pic plucked from the interwebs to show the actual size:
View attachment 105985
Dang those are bright! Very nice.

5301 - 5320 of 5356 Posts