Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
5641 - 5660 of 5660 Posts

·
Administrator - "Loose Nut" - Houston, Texas
2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), 2006 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic
12,126 Posts
Good catch on caliper piston not sliding right. Brakes are pretty important sometimes. ;)

·
Premium Member
2006 Stratoliner, 2014 Triumph Rocket III Touring,
2,490 Posts
We moved Yamato to the outdoor maintenance bay just now. My neighbor and Pretty Pillion helped otherwise I could not have done it myself.

I made a ramp to get over the curb from the front, then down a slippery slope of grass, up another slight incline and finally up a steeper slope to get him onto the bricks. I think I have done my workout for today.

And... here comes some rain...
Plant Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wood Road surface Building

Notice the elevation difference going down to the back gate? I really hate townhouses...
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Plant
Wheel Tire Vehicle Bicycle tire Automotive lighting

·
Registered
'18 SVTC
253 Posts
I cleaned mine up for the rally as well. I have exactly zero expectations anyone will be able to tell it was ever clean by the time I get it up there. Oh well.....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2007 VStar 1300
760 Posts
today i put my bike to bed, i will wake it up in 8 months, my season is over, getting cold
So....11 months of winter and one month of bad sledding, or not quite that bad? Eight months...ouch!

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Got mine out for a run to the snail mail depot…aka the post office…. Noticed a slight wobble so checked and added air to the tires. Hopefully with the weather guessers permission I will be able to take the bike to lunch with my former co workers…. i promise… ohhh thats setting too high of an expectation…. Let me rephrase… I may or may not mock them in their workplace… being retired gives you that option… right??? 👍

·
Registered
70 Posts
I committed a motorcycle sin today.

I installed a Goldwing windshield vent on my Harley Ultra.

Tire Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive design

It made a HUGE difference in highway buffeting. It made the 9 inch shield, that I can see over, as smooth if not smoother than the 13 inch shield that I have to look through.

I'm going to ride it a couple days to see if I need to tweak it and then I will pull it off and silicon it down to seal it up.

·
12,126 Posts
Did you cut the exsisting windshield and add it? Details and links please.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Show Chrome Accessories 2-359C... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GUJAUUU?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

You do have to cut your windshield, but lexan is easy to work with. I used a drill bit to poke holes at the circle spots on the template that comes with it. Then I cut the middle out with a jig saw then cleaned it up with a spindle sander. You can use a Dremel and files if you don't have the sander, lexan is very forgiving. The template that comes with it seems a touch small so you will have to do some final fitting. I also cover the windshield with paper and tape on both sides to protect from scratches.

I only went for a 20 mile interstate test yesterday, but the difference was night and day. Fully closed, I got buffeting like before, but with it at second notch, it is smooth. Plus it seems to get more air coming in at slow speed. I think I will get a little wetter when it rains, but only time will tell.

·
12,126 Posts
Thanks, will definitely check into this.

·
12,126 Posts
Didn't work on the bike, but spent money on it. Front tire finally made it to wear mark. I've got 23k miles on this tire, Michelin Commander 2.

Tire Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Synthetic rubber

Could have gotten it a few dollars cheaper but with Cycle Gear and only $25 for mounting if bought from them I come out ahead.

Tire Automotive tire Wheel Font Tread

·
Super Moderator
8,251 Posts
Cleaned our bikes this morning, but it’s sprinkling again, so I’ll have to wait until we head home tomorrow to give both of them a thorough cleaning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
Cleaned our bikes this morning, but it’s sprinkling again, so I’ll have to wait until we head home tomorrow to give both of them a thorough cleaning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Washed mine yesterday after a 255 mile ride. Bugs can be so unforgiving!

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Well, after de-Winterizing our R.V...going to get in some Fall Camping...I took a lone ride on my Kawasaki ZR-7S, to stretch her legs...well , and mine. That is my S-bend ride...and we surely DID some S-Bends...lol. Got home and finished bleaching out the water and plumbing system of the R.V. Tomorrow, a full shake down test of all the other systems, including central furnace, and air-conditioner. There still might be a few last kick at the can humid days yet in mid Ontario! We know for sure, that there will be at least another couple of 'Beach Day's...to totally splash and annoy my wife...into splash retaliation....you gotta love that... so, Boogie Boards, times two...and some splashing, and acting like College Kids, and not Mom and Dad. Looking forward to that TOO!

Motorcycling and Camping, to my way of thinking go hand in hand....smiles abound with either activity...and ESPECIALLY when I can direct a few well placed splashes of water into my wife's kisser! Yeah...revenge in that regard is expected! I'll be most ready for it...LOL!
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle
Pet supply Gas Wood Snout Terrestrial animal

5641 - 5660 of 5660 Posts