Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
5741 - 5760 of 5760 Posts

·
Registered
2008 V Star 1300 Tourer
209 Posts
Rode 125+ miles today going to Jake's Corner and back, went with a gent riding a 2001 Honda Valkyrie in great condition. Met him yesterday, new to the area, so it was fun showing him where Jake's Corner was. Got home, wiped it down and checked to PSI on tires.
Sorry no pics today. It's been way above my 2 day average for riding in awhile.

·
Registered
2001 Yamaha XVS650 Dragstar Classic in black
1,646 Posts
Well I attempted to change the rear tire, drug all the tools out, went to jack the bike and the bottle jack on my harbor freight jack quit. So I called the only shop in the area I trust and they can't get me in until December 1.
So I started searching can I get a replacement jack. Harbor freight has a replacement for $43.90 with free shipping. Well I guess another good reason to buy their jack.
So next week will be replace the tire. As long as it is done for Christmas with the grandkids ☺.
It may just need to have the hydraulic oil topped up.

·
Administrator - "Loose Nut" - Houston, Texas
2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), 2006 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic
12,735 Posts
Nice picture, like the back drop.

·
12,735 Posts
Did a pretty in-depth pre ride check getting ready my 1000 mile ride starting this Wednesday. Have way washed the bike, it's been a while, and there's rain in forcast so didn't want to waste to much time. Put coat of wax on front of bike. Did a nut and bolt check on all I could reach. Found shifter linkage a tad loose and horn. Checked air in tires, front was dead on but rear was 2 pounds low, it's been a while since I checked and we've had some cooler weather so not really worried. Oil, tranny and primary all less than 1000 miles, all were full. Cleaned out saddle bags and trunk. Everything I leave on bike; tools, air pump, extra oil, bunnies, extra gloves rain gear, first aid kit and extra towels now fit in one saddle bag like it's supposed to. That will leave one saddle bag and tour pack for 5 days worth of clothes and gear. I'm going to see low 30s with possible flurries to mid 70s. I hate being cold so taking lots to layer. Bought a second battery pack for my heated vest. I might end up putting bag on passenger seat, I'll find out Tuesday night how it all packs.

Reactions: Keith Post

·
Registered
2008 V Star 1300 Tourer
209 Posts
Did a pretty in-depth pre ride check getting ready my 1000 mile ride starting this Wednesday. Have way washed the bike, it's been a while, and there's rain in forcast so didn't want to waste to much time. Put coat of wax on front of bike. Did a nut and bolt check on all I could reach. Found shifter linkage a tad loose and horn. Checked air in tires, front was dead on but rear was 2 pounds low, it's been a while since I checked and we've had some cooler weather so not really worried. Oil, tranny and primary all less than 1000 miles, all were full. Cleaned out saddle bags and trunk. Everything I leave on bike; tools, air pump, extra oil, bunnies, extra gloves rain gear, first aid kit and extra towels now fit in one saddle bag like it's supposed to. That will leave one saddle bag and tour pack for 5 days worth of clothes and gear. I'm going to see low 30s with possible flurries to mid 70s. I hate being cold so taking lots to layer. Bought a second battery pack for my heated vest. I might end up putting bag on passenger seat, I'll find out Tuesday night how it all packs.
Where are you going Les, tell me again so i make sure i have it right. You always have so much going on. Obviously its Thanksgiving with family, but run it by me again the outline of what your doing. I know about that property in Texas, i now about your retirement plans, I know about your nice shed you are building, Thanksgiving party. tie it all together again for me will ya. (getting old retirement has done this to me ;))

Actually the first thing i thought of when i read your post was that you will do very well on the November Miles Challenge now, which will put me to shame as my forecast is only about 700mi for me (500+ actual as of today)..😐

Finally, Safe Trip Man, take time to smell the roses (unless you're working on your Shed, then forget roses, think electrical!) 😁

·
12,735 Posts
Reactions: VStarArizona

·
Registered
2008 V Star 1300 Tourer
209 Posts
I’ll have well over a thousand miles this month that might be good for middle of the pack. After reading your post about the stuff I’ve got going on, I realize that I am pretty busy. Don’t forget to throw in i work 50 hours a week. For next week plans see this thread:

Oh yeah now i remember, i need a nap now just thinking of all that stuff...lol I'm just hoping i'm not last in the mileage challenge, thought i might beat you though...WRONG! 😂

·
Registered
77 Posts
Oh yeah now i remember, i need a nap now just thinking of all that stuff...lol I'm just hoping i'm not last in the mileage challenge, thought i might beat you though...WRONG! 😂
You won't be last! The longest ride I can take would be a loop of the entire island and that would be 88kms (a little over 55 miles) and that would be considered an adventure here LOL...

I'm more worried about Les's poor bunnies...

·
Registered
2008 V Star 1300 Tourer
209 Posts
You won't be last! The longest ride I can take would be a loop of the entire island and that would be 88kms (a little over 55 miles) and that would be considered an adventure here LOL...

I'm more worried about Les's poor bunnies...
Wait a minute, let me get this right..Are you saying to ride the entire perimeter of your Country is 55+ miles?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Wait a minute, let me get this right..Are you saying to ride the entire perimeter of your Country is 55+ miles?

Yep, Malta is about 27 km/ 16.8miles long by 14.5 km/ 9.00miles width.

I live on the coast on the North of the island and it's not at all unusual to hear people say "I won't come there it's all the way at the other end of the island"

Long rides require a ferry trip to Sicily, then a ride along Sicily to get the ferry to Italy, I rarely bother...

·
Registered
2008 V Star 1300 Tourer
209 Posts
Yep, Malta is about 27 km/ 16.8miles long by 14.5 km/ 9.00miles width.

I live on the coast on the North of the island and it's not at all unusual to hear people say "I won't come there it's all the way at the other end of the island"

Long rides require a ferry trip to Sicily, then a ride along Sicily to get the ferry to Italy, I rarely bother...
You can say that you spend quite a bit of time touring the Country :D. ;)

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
You would have to be crazy to drive a bike in Naples, they are nuts on their roads.

5741 - 5760 of 5760 Posts