2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), 2006 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic
13,183 Posts
Looks like a great time!! :happydance:

Reactions: Keith Post

·
Registered
2010 Stratoliner Deluxe
128 Posts
Busy day. Rebuilt my front brakes. Pistons, seals, master cylinder. Changed out the brake lines for a Speigler 3 line kit. After looking at the fluid in the clutch and the brake reservoirs, it was obvious that it was the original 2010 fluid. Looked like thick black coffee. Figured it was just routine maintenance time. Clutch is next.

·
Registered
99 Roadie
849 Posts
Bags painted, comfortflex mounted.
Found the rest of the white rubber except for the floorboard inserts.
Friend with a CNC router says he can cut out a set, just cant find the white vinyl yet.
Tire Plant Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle

After this is finished old crusty goes to paint.

Yeah, I know it's weird.

·
Administrator - "Loose Nut" - Houston, Texas
13,183 Posts
Reactions: CBjamie

·
Registered
'18 SVTC
423 Posts
Baby got a new back shoe. This thing eats Bridgestone G852s like @lesblank eats ice cream...... I'm getting too darn old to wrestle with all the paraphernalia required to be put on simultaneously to remount the rear wheel. If I had 4 hands and 3 feet it would sure be easier to get the belt pulley and all the assorted brake brackets to cooperate and stay put while I raise the wheel or lower the bike to get the axle to stab back in. My Nomad shaft drive was sure easier to deal with.... But, it's done for now and I hope I can get more than the 7,900 miles on the new one. I really don't have any confidence it will last longer, so next up will probably be a Dunlop Elite 4 (at about a 50% price premium) and if that doesn't provide better longevity I might be tempted to go dark side. The biggest challenge with that will be finding someone to mount it. My local dealer/tire mounting place won't do it.......

Tomorrow out to scrub the new one in and look for the scavenger hunt target.

I probably could have drug a few more mles out of the old one before getting really nervous, so just went ahead and swapped it out today.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Hat Tread

Also installed a new gremlin bell that I got for Christmas (old one is on some lonely east Texas blacktop....I think). Hopefully this one is mounted a little more securely than the last one (no more zip ties).
Hood Automotive tire Bumper Vehicle Vehicle door

·
Registered
2008 V Star 1300 Tourer
370 Posts
I finally rode today, only 50+ miles but got out, that's the main thing.. Got gas right when i left the house and it took 3.275 gallons of 87 octane. Same gas, Same gas station, even the same pump. Filled like i always do, from the right side, bars turned to the left and filled until i heard/felt the "click", pulled it up 1/2 inch and did it again.
Same same.

The odometer showed 143.7 miles since i had done the exact same thing, filled it up.
So, it's 143.7 / 3.275 = 43.877 mpg. Beautiful :D.

Texted the motorcycle mechanic in AJ Wed eve to tell him this week won't happen but i will be in touch soon.

·
Super Moderator
8,442 Posts
With finally getting our garage re-done from the fire last February the bikes are outside in the cold. Not for long though as they’re making great progress on the work. Getting a lot of insulation done. Hopefully next week it’ll be done and the re-arranging will start. I told the bikes it won’t be long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2008 V Star 1300 Tourer
370 Posts
Rode today, same like day b4 yesterday but got gas and stopped at the store too. Supposed to meet the mechanic tomorrow. 44 mpg.

·
Administrator - "Loose Nut" - Houston, Texas
13,183 Posts
Looking good! You could at least give the bikes the couch till their bedroom is finished.

·
Registered
2008 V Star 1300 Tourer
370 Posts
Rode today, same like day b4 yesterday but got gas and stopped at the store too. Supposed to meet the mechanic tomorrow. 44 mpg.
Rode to the far side of Apache Junction, right at the edge of Superstition Mountain to meet the retired bike mechanic. It's the closest i've been to that mountain i think. Anyway i was impressed with the man and the facilities, it is only 20 mins away or less.

He had bikes being worked on and noticed a new set of tires setting there, he said it was a set a customer ordered and had them shipped there for a tire install. That was music to my ears. He did say he was in the process of really retiring, even from bike repair or at least major bike repair. So it probably won't last long. I'll likely get one set of tires done, which alone is great. Plus i can stand and watch. So i now have a plan at least. Wish me luck!

5801 - 5820 of 5832 Posts