Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

41 - 60 of 3502 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Well, yesterday evening I put the floorboard extensions on. I shifted, checked brake lights, all seemed good. Took off to work this morning and about 1.5 miles from the house I tried to down shift and found that my shift rod had disappeared!!! Thankfully I was in second gear and I could make it home in a reasonable speed. Doing my shift rod search this evening.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Man that sucks:mad: Say maybe you should think about the A.A.E. :rolleyes:
American Association of Exorcists:D I think your bike needs A blessing, for it must be possessed :eek:
Dan, I'm convinced it's the spirit of an old biker mechanic who wants to make sure the current owner can properly wrench before he rides :eek:

I am committed to not letting anything get me down though. This is my old girl and I will do what it takes to keep her rolling. :D:D:D

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Well, yesterday evening I put the floorboard extensions on. I shifted, checked brake lights, all seemed good. Took off to work this morning and about 1.5 miles from the house I tried to down shift and found that my shift rod had disappeared!!! Thankfully I was in second gear and I could make it home in a reasonable speed. Doing my shift rod search this evening.
Hope you find it mate.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Yesterday I disabled my AIS but did no have a chance to see if it had any affect, so did a bit of a detour on the way home from work this afternoon (About 20 miles :) ) and sure enough much less popping and farting but I am going to change the exhause crush washer on the front cylinder as I did not renew it when I took the front header pipe off to fit the Oil filter Relocation Kit. I did put sone washing up liquid round it but not sure if it is sealed properly.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Here's how I look at it gents, by the time I'm done I will know this bike from top to bottom and everywhere in between. I am quickly learning the value of a motorcycle lift!

The joy I get when I do ride will not be outweighed by the few bumps I'm hitting.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Oh yeah, I REALLY need to point out to my wife that she should probably be getting that gremlin bell for me, because the bike might fall apart if she doesn't!

·
Super Moderator
13,111 Posts
i don't really care for the bell. if someone gave me one, i might put it on my bike out of respect, but i'd rather not have one on there. i think it would look tacky and i would feel silly for having it on

·
Banned
1,741 Posts
i don't really care for the bell. if someone gave me one, i might put it on my bike out of respect, but i'd rather not have one on there. i think it would look tacky

Nearly as I can tell, properly mounted (see Aussielad/Stratowart for technique:D) they're invisible.

i would feel silly for having it on
Let me get this straight: you proudly display a Texas license plate but a gremlin bell makes you feel silly?:confused::D

But to each his own talisman:)

Hey jarhead, don't be confused. I was until I saw a picture of bevo:
...and that was after cosmetic surgery...:)

Oh yeah, I REALLY need to point out to my wife that she should probably be getting that gremlin bell for me, because the bike might fall apart if she doesn't!
I doubt she'd be the slightest bit perturbed. She's no doubt long ago acknowledged she's married a ding-a-ling:)

Oh. What I did to my bike today? New Bridgestone rear tire...ouch!

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
I just had to shovel up the dog **** between the bike and my car. Somehow the laundry door was left open overnight that leads into the garage. Just what you want when you wake up..........to be stared at by two guilty looking dogs knowing they have done something wrong and then be met by a number steaming turds in your refuge.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Here's how I look at it gents, by the time I'm done I will know this bike from top to bottom and everywhere in between. I am quickly learning the value of a motorcycle lift!

The joy I get when I do ride will not be outweighed by the few bumps I'm hitting.
Mate speak to Wart about a home made lift. I am half way through making one.

·
Banned
1,741 Posts
41 - 60 of 3502 Posts