Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
6001 - 6020 of 6060 Posts

·
Registered
02 650 (Bobber), 09 950
85 Posts
Also set my rear shock to one position softer. I think it was one notch higher than factory and I only weigh 150ish. May even go down one more but I’ll see how this does. In a 20 minute ride I’d say it’s not super noticeable in difference but slightly more give in small pavement cracks and whatnot

·
Registered
1989 XT600Z Tenere and 2009 F800ST
1,805 Posts
Update: A bit loud. Maybe should’ve cut them a few inches less as the noise gets fatiguing on a long ride. Has a much better engine braking tone than no-baffles, and engine braking is louder than the full baffle. May experiment with either wrapping partially or trying a shorter-than-stock eBay baffle (cobra baffle is 14” or so, and I think a 10” or 8” might be the ticket as it’d be similar to my cut baffle but with a snug flared inlet to force air through the baffle. Didn’t actually notice as much difference when I first rode it down the street, but did after a half hour or so.
I do not like loud pipes anymore, nor does most people. So loud pipes tend to put the general public off motorcycles.

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
I do not like loud pipes anymore, nor does most people. So loud pipes tend to put the general public off motorcycles.
Obnoxiously loud, I can agree with.

Loud? Nope. My vehicle my decision.

Most diesel/gas pick trucks are as loud, if not louder than most motorcycles.

Why don't the "Karen's" complain about those vehicles?

That's right motorcycles are only ridden by outlaws and heathens. So they are a minority and don't matter.

·
Registered
02 650 (Bobber), 09 950
85 Posts
Meh I got tired of people not hearing me and trying to turn into me with my pipes a foot from the drivers door. I have a set of baffles on order rn. I like my bikes to have a good tone. Cobra dragsters on the 950 and Vance and Hines short shots on the 650. Side note the short shots look excellent IMO. I wish my cobras looked as good (previous owner hacked the tips off to try his hand at slashed ends…and apparently doesn’t know symmetry. one is near-straight-cut and one 45* angle lmao)

·
Registered
02 650 (Bobber), 09 950
85 Posts
Obnoxiously loud, I can agree with.

Loud? Nope. My vehicle my decision.

Most diesel/gas pick trucks are as loud, if not louder than most motorcycles.

Why don't the "Karen's" complain about those vehicles?

That's right motorcycles are only ridden by outlaws and heathens. So they are a minority and don't matter.
I agree. For me, my bike is my one time I let loose. I’m an anxious person, some would argue mildly depressed, very cautious and careful not to tread on anyones toes. My bike is the one time I can “roar” and feel alive. It’s the only time I put myself first. And I don’t care what people think while I’m on my bike.

·
Premium Member
2008 Yamaha Road Star Silverado (Gray, hard bags, etc.)
1,100 Posts
Well I put the windscreen and other items back on that had been removed for my electronic cruise control installation. I made a little guide to keep the bead chain from getting into where the throttle stop is. Will take it for a ride tonight and see how everything works. Wish me luck!

·
Premium Member
2008 Yamaha Road Star Silverado (Gray, hard bags, etc.)
1,100 Posts
Well I have to admit, I had reservations on how much I'd like the cruise. I only took a 20 mile ride but I was able to use it a few times and it's really nice. With the straight roads and rolling hills we have here it is nice. Kept a good consistent speed regardless of up and down hill. I think this will make long rides much nicer, and especially if I'm on a time crunch and taking interstate roads.

·
Registered
02 650 (Bobber), 09 950
85 Posts
Not exactly TO my bike, but FOR my bike…Insta360 One X2 came in the mail the other day! It records video through two fisheye lenses and then stitches them together digitally so I can go in post-recording and choose the camera aim/angle/field of view! Can also mount to my helmet and give almost a birds eye view, top-down. Pretty fun!

·
Registered
412 Posts
With my recent stroke I was told that I have to wait another 30 days before I can drive again. So I went out to the garage and crawled onto my 950, I was able to get on and off pretty well so I just patted the tank and told it I’ll be back on in about a month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Keith, wishing you a speedy recovery!

·
Registered
'18 SVTC
621 Posts
With my recent stroke I was told that I have to wait another 30 days before I can drive again. So I went out to the garage and crawled onto my 950, I was able to get on and off pretty well so I just patted the tank and told it I’ll be back on in about a month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hey Keith, I know you itching to ride, especially now that you're retired, but please err to the side of caution when getting back on. We all know how crazy it can be out there and that we need 100% of our faculties to stay alive, so waiting a little extra time to be sure everything is working correctly will be so worth it in the long run. Stay safe my friend.....

·
Registered
19 Posts
I installed the Koso Speedometer and I’m really having a hard time with the settings. I got the clock figured out and the background color, but I’m stuck after that. I’ve watched the videos on YouTube for my specific bike, but my brain just can’t get it for some reason. Any help out there?

·
Registered
02 650 (Bobber), 09 950
85 Posts
I installed the Koso Speedometer and I’m really having a hard time with the settings. I got the clock figured out and the background color, but I’m stuck after that. I’ve watched the videos on YouTube for my specific bike, but my brain just can’t get it for some reason. Any help out there?
Maybe google a user manual? That’s what I’d do. If it makes ya feel better I had to look up how to change my clock lol

6001 - 6020 of 6060 Posts