Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
6081 - 6100 of 6150 Posts

·
Registered
2007 VStar 1300
1,027 Posts
Dusted it off and got my registration and insurance paperwork set aside for state inspection. Was due in Oct. '21.
Still deciding if I should replace the belt, brake lines, rotors, fork oil and seals and other 'updates'.

·
Registered
2007 VStar 1300
1,027 Posts
Only somewhat bike related:

I found a new use for my Harbor Freight motorcycle jack. My tall, but scrawny son was helping me install a new 50 gallon water heater today. It sits in the corner of the garage on a 24" tall plinth, so access is somewhat limited. Pulled the old 40 gallon heater out without too much trouble, but gravity helped us greatly with that process. We were able to roll the new water heater close to it's new home pretty easily like one rolls an industrial gas bottle. New water heater is too heavy and too big in diameter to be able to wrap our arms around and hoist into place, so jacked the bike lift to it's highest position (around 19"), put an old piece of rubber mat salvaged from a truck bed liner several decades ago on the jack's lift rails, then gently laid the heater on it's side on the bike lift. I could then lift the base of the water heater high enough to get it above the top of the plinth while son rolled the jack and water heater forward. Once in position over the plinth we were able to lean/walk the water heater upright into position on top of the plinth. Sorry, no pics as our hands were full at the time.

I am pretty certain I was able to lift the last (40 gallon) water heater I replaced into place (different house, but similar garage location) 25(ish) years ago by myself. Kids were in grade school (or younger) and I know I didn't pay anybody to do it, so it must have been me. Not sure how I did it then. I know there was no chance that was happening today, so I'm going to assume older water heaters weren't as stout as they are nowadays? I know they cost 4 or 5 times more than they did 25 years ago......

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming....
Great idea. I will be modifying my HF work table to hold my riding mower so I can replace the wheel bearings and bushings, hit all the lube points, replace the blade drive belt. I used to it ground level but when I get down on the ground now, it takes logistical planning in order to get back up.

·
Premium Member
2008 Yamaha Road Star Silverado (Gray, hard bags, etc.)
1,407 Posts
I still haven't been to ride yet this year, hoping in a few weeks I can get out. So in the mean time thought I would clean some of the spots I never get to and the white walls. Gets dusty just sitting. View attachment 119534
Yeah those whitewalls can be a chore. Look great when they're done but take some effort. Nice looking ol' Ford in the background. 8n?

·
Administrator - "Loose Nut" - Bandera, Texas
2001 VS1100 Classic (sold), 2006 HD EG(totaled) 2006 Vulcan 900 and 2019 HD Freewheeler (current)
14,868 Posts

·
Banned
2007 Yamaha V Star 650 custom, 2007 HondaVTX 1300R
195 Posts

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
Peripheral Output device Gadget Audio equipment Communication Device
Watch Font Audio equipment Gadget Watch accessory

Installed the PowrPro and now I know why there is no "e" in Powr! You accelerate SO fast (combined with Ivan's flash) that space and time warp and the "e" gets so compressed, it disappears!

Haha!! But really, the combo FINALLY makes me feel like Ivan's has truly been unleashed*!!

*results will vary. comments not compensated for. I am not a paid spokesperson, but I love going fast (quick) and am all about the WOT as much as possible. I literally go WOT to speed "limit" (yeah, like 15 or 20 over) to steady speed... I know no other way to ride. any bike with less is just going to disappoint me like the daughter of a priest working on a pole. not that I have a problem with that, as I'm not a priest. and I appreciate the female form. I think everyone should in their own way. I just believe that financial compensation for sharing what their mommy's gave them isn't a crime and should be celebrated so long as it's done in a respectable manner... but I digress. the best way to keep me from spending my hardly earned cash on supporting single moms and struggling students is by spending it on my other girl that I get to take home. her name is Scarlett by the way. and she is sexy as h ell. but now she's fast as h ell too which I love even more. I hope you are not still reading this as I never intended for anyone to get this far, but I'm still typing because the only way to be funny is to really, really over do it. so I will keep going with the fine print because I know you guys are glutens for punishment. obviously. otherwise you wouldn't buy a Warrior that's been out of production for 13 years now (in the US anyways, you lucky Canucks got one more year and a vastly improved color scheme... well... only second to the midnights, but seriously, I'm jelly). so yeah, if you're wondering if you should buy a PowrPro Black CVT Tuner from Cobra, wonder no longer, unless your bike runs like a... yeah... with just Ivan's. I hear that's a thing, but mine definitely didn't so I've been chasing my tail for almost a year, which is another story, trying to get my PC-III to get dialed in, even loading a map from Ivan himself, which he does not like doing since his flash should take care of everything and a tuner shouldn't be needed, but it was in my case so here I am, grinning from coast to coast at how well Scarlett runs now with Ivan's, PowrPro Black, Churchkey's VBAK, AIS Delete, and, for now, my stock water heater. I'll put my Speedstar Gen II back on soon, but I gotta remove some of the wrap I did on the inner pipe, under the heatshields as I don't want for them to rust out and I do want for them to mount completely in case anyone remembers that I wasn't able to line up both exhaust bolts for the rear cylinder and I believe it was due to the wrap pushing on the heatshield in a way that forced the holes to just not line up. this may have contributed to my backfiring through an exhaust leak but every test I did "said" I wasn't leaking. either way, once I remove the wrap, it should be good and now my PowrPro Black will auto-compensate for the differences in my exhausts so I should be able to go back and forth going forward meaning ninja night rides and screaming out of h ell day rides. Yeah, I'm excited.

·
Registered
2014 V Star 1300 Tourer
137 Posts
Had to replace my 4 year old battery on my 1300 Tourer, as the starter was sounding a little weak & static voltage has been hanging around 12.17 volts instead of the usual 12.8 to 12.9, besides that I have a big road trip coming up. I’m trying out this Weize battery with higher CCA, gave it a trickle charge to top it off before installing, now the starter sounds like it has twin turbo’s on it lol.
Wood Rectangle Font Gadget Gas

·
Registered
2007 VStar 1300
1,027 Posts
Had to replace my 4 year old battery on my 1300 Tourer, as the starter was sounding a little weak & static voltage has been hanging around 12.17 volts instead of the usual 12.8 to 12.9, besides that I have a big road trip coming up. I’m trying out this Weize battery with higher CCA, gave it a trickle charge to top it off before installing, now the starter sounds like it has twin turbo’s on it lol. View attachment 120260
Nice catch with the starter.
My 1300 gave zero indication of an issue until one morning I got about a half mile from my house, had to stop, and the bike shut off. Turned the key and the dials didn't move, no lights, nothing.
Fortunately a guy let me park the bike in his driveway and do the battery replacement.

6081 - 6100 of 6150 Posts