Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
6101 - 6120 of 6150 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Had to replace my 4 year old battery on my 1300 Tourer, as the starter was sounding a little weak & static voltage has been hanging around 12.17 volts instead of the usual 12.8 to 12.9, besides that I have a big road trip coming up. I’m trying out this Weize battery with higher CCA, gave it a trickle charge to top it off before installing, now the starter sounds like it has twin turbo’s on it lol. View attachment 120260
How much of an increase in CCA did you move up to get that increase in starter speed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2014 V Star 1300 Tourer
137 Posts
How much of an increase in CCA did you move up to get that increase in starter speed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Really I attribute the starter as being “stronger” just by having a new battery vs the old, new battery has a CCA of 310 vs the standard 270 CCA which gives it more reserve capacity.

·
Registered
37 Posts
All of the stuff in this thread I made:

·
Registered
2014 V Star 1300 Tourer
137 Posts
Gave the 1300 a bath today & Serviced the Cobra Power-Flo air filter after 10k miles…………
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Tread
Automotive tire Road surface Tread Asphalt Synthetic rubber

Reactions: lesblank

·
Registered
2003 650 Classic
34 Posts
Finished polishing all of the chrome and all of the paint tonight on my new to me 650 that I just picked up yesterday. Next up will be a quick wash and final wax.

waiting on some additional parts I’ve ordered to slowly start putting her together how I want. Eventually I’ll add a lowering kit and some whitewalls also.

Tire Fuel tank Wheel Automotive fuel system Automotive tire

·
Registered
2014 V Star 1300 Tourer
137 Posts

·
Premium Member
2008 Yamaha Road Star Silverado (Gray, hard bags, etc.)
1,407 Posts
Well I started working on the "deal of the year" Road Star mentioned in another post. (deal of the year)

Got the tank off and after running a bore scope inside it looks pretty good for a bike that's sat with likely no fuel in it for a long time. That tank is a pleasure to remove when it's dry! :happydance:

Got the carb off and ready to clean out. Ended up stripping one of the bowl screws and slightly fudging up another. I was getting frustrated so I walked away before I did something I'd later regret. Came back to it later and was able to get vice grips on the stripped screw and carefully was able to get it broke loose and removed. So new ones will be acquired before re-assembly.

Ended up the manifold was badly cracked. This is common from what I've read but usually the cracks don't go all the way through and folks just put some silicone or other sealant over them and ride on. But as you can see these cracks are more severe and go all the way through. Alignment is visibly off. So new intake ordered. Hopefully the parts will be here by next weekend to see if I can hear her run.

Tire Automotive tire Tread Motor vehicle Bumper

·
Registered
2006, Yamaha, Royal Star Tour Deluxe
184 Posts
Hello,

In August, after a ride in neighborhood (The Daily Ride Thread), I just make a inspection of my tires, and the result was not very nice, so I ordered a new pair and in the very next days where delivered. On a Saturday morning I just started the operation of disassembling:
Tire Fuel tank Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting

Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motorcycle

Automotive tire Tire Tread Grey Rim
Tire Automotive tire Tread Wheel Bicycle tire

and Monday the wheels were taken to a local Yamaha dealer that have the possibility to change the tires and do also the balancing...Thursday were ready and I bring at home to be assembled,

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber

but the rear tire was wrong assembled, the rotation was wrong (Yamaha dealer!!! with specialized mechanics, german precision!!!;)) so I took it back to the dealer and in 20 minutes it was solved...

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Automotive tire Wheel Locking hubs Alloy wheel Motor vehicle

Tire Land vehicle Wheel Vehicle Fuel tank

Finally, I’ve assembled all and now I can feel the difference, also with new brake pads on rear wheel…after more than a week ...

·
Registered
184 Posts
Hello,

In August, after a ride in neighborhood (The Daily Ride Thread), I just make a inspection of my tires, and the result was not very nice, so I ordered a new pair and in the very next days where delivered. On a Saturday morning I just started the operation of disassembling:
View attachment 120362

View attachment 120363

View attachment 120369 View attachment 120370

and Monday the wheels were taken to a local Yamaha dealer that have the possibility to change the tires and do also the balancing...Thursday were ready and I bring at home to be assembled,

View attachment 120364

but the rear tire was wrong assembled, the rotation was wrong (Yamaha dealer!!! with specialized mechanics, german precision!!!;)) so I took it back to the dealer and in 20 minutes it was solved...

View attachment 120365

View attachment 120366

View attachment 120367

View attachment 120368

Finally, I’ve assembled all and now I can feel the difference, also with new brake pads on rear wheel…after more than a week ...
Of course, the images were taken after full cleaning and partial detailing of the areas, maybe in the very next spring will follow a complete detailing of my bike, will see what will be the conditions!

·
Registered
184 Posts

·
Registered
'18 SVTC
1,048 Posts
View attachment 120364

.....but the rear tire was wrong assembled, the rotation was wrong (Yamaha dealer!!! with specialized mechanics, german precision!!!;)) so I took it back to the dealer and in 20 minutes it was solved...
Well, if it makes you feel any better, my American Texan mechanic, who has changed multiple tires for me in the past, got the rear on incorrectly last time it was in for replacement. Thankfully the shop is within 5 miles of my house, so not a major pain, but still wound up eating up 45 minutes of my day.....
:pullinghair:

·
Registered
2003 650 Classic
34 Posts
Headlight visor and chrome battery and storage side covers tonight. Still waiting on some more small pieces over the next couple of days. I’m also looking at possibly picking up a Bluetooth speaker setup to Mount to handlebars. Anyone have any good suggestions on a system they’ve liked on their Yammie? Thanks!

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

Fuel tank Tire Automotive fuel system Automotive lighting Vehicle

6101 - 6120 of 6150 Posts