Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
6121 - 6140 of 6150 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
well, i dropped my bike today :(
it wasn’t a hard drop, more of a gentle lay down but my ego was crashed. good thing nobody was around to see this failure :D
it rested on the tip of the fairing and handle bar, floorboard and leather saddlebag. damage: the tip of the fairing shattered and scuff marks on the passenger pillion from my boots during my “graceful” dismount . don’t see any scratches or dents.
surprisingly, i was able to pick it up very easy and set it up right again. rode another 100km on it after that

·
Registered
2008 V Star 1300 Tourer
943 Posts
Being cooler in the morning in creeping back in....slowly mind you..

It's no surprise that its hot down here in the Summer, so hot that doing anything but what absolutely needs to be done outdoors is put off. No fun (to say the least) working on your bike in 100+ temperature. Having a air conditioned garage would be nice, but its not going to happen..

Anyway, its getting to be where it's 78 degrees at 8am. which is at or close to Bike weather and working on Bikes.

My list to be done to the Bike and related things:

1. Hose-off entire Carport including removing everything in the Speedway Shelter and "washing" it. Even roll-up the floor and hosing it off using soap (Shelter itself too). Let Dry.

2. Lubricate clutch cable, apply lithium grease to the throttle cable mechanism, open throttle switch housing and wipe off old grease, apply new.

3. Detail the Bike, spend the most of the day giving the Bike a detailed cleaning. Check battery terminal tightness, go over the Bike.

4. Install Bluetooth Stereo speakers with built-in amp, which i just got and tested indoors, it an improvement beyond being Bluetooth (which is major). Remove current "wired" Stereo.

That's my plan :D

·
Registered
2008 V Star 1300 Tourer
943 Posts
Being cooler in the morning in creeping back in....slowly mind you..

It's no surprise that its hot down here in the Summer, so hot that doing anything but what absolutely needs to be done outdoors is put off. No fun (to say the least) working on your bike in 100+ temperature. Having a air conditioned garage would be nice, but its not going to happen..

Anyway, its getting to be where it's 78 degrees at 8am. which is at or close to Bike weather and working on Bikes.

My list to be done to the Bike and related things:

1. Hose-off entire Carport including removing everything in the Speedway Shelter and "washing" it. Even roll-up the floor and hosing it off using soap (Shelter itself too). Let Dry.

2. Lubricate clutch cable, apply lithium grease to the throttle cable mechanism, open throttle switch housing and wipe off old grease, apply new.

3. Detail the Bike, spend the most of the day giving the Bike a detailed cleaning. Check battery terminal tightness, go over the Bike.

4. Install Bluetooth Stereo speakers with built-in amp, which i just got and tested indoors, it an improvement beyond being Bluetooth (which is major). Remove current "wired" Stereo.

That's my plan :D
Moved vehicles, I hosed off the carport, washed Speedway Shelter (inside and out) after emptying it (Chock, air compressor milk crate, battery tender and ext cord, bike lift, etc) washed floor top/bottom). In the process of it now. Probably wait till tomorrow to detail the Bike.

·
Administrator - "Loose Nut" - Bandera, Texas
2001 VS1100 Classic (sold), 2006 HD EG(totaled) 2006 Vulcan 900 and 2019 HD Freewheeler (current)
14,868 Posts
Moved vehicles, I hosed off the carport, washed Speedway Shelter (inside and out) after emptying it (Chock, air compressor milk crate, battery tender and ext cord, bike lift, etc) washed floor top/bottom). In the process of it now. Probably wait till tomorrow to detail the Bike.
If you need practice before starting on your bike, come on over. Who would think butterflies would make such a mess.

Tire Motorcycle Automotive lighting Vehicle Automotive tire

Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Wood Automotive design Automotive exterior

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
Never on my bike, but in cars, vans, and trucks driving through Arizona. Butterflies make a real big mess and definitely need to be sprayed off quickly. If they are left on, they become SUPER hard to remove.

Driving through butterflies is all like, "Yay! I get to have my Disney princess moment where all the butterflies are everywhere and it'll be amazing and magical!" and then the first dozen or so go splat and you realize you're not in a Disney movie, but in a true Alfred Hitchcock film where you're fighting for your life to see where you're going before slamming into someone that freaked out and slammed on their brakes instead of safely pulling over to the shoulder.

Just saying, butterflies are not the beautiful, magical creatures fairy tales would have you believe. ;)

·
Administrator - "Loose Nut" - Bandera, Texas
2001 VS1100 Classic (sold), 2006 HD EG(totaled) 2006 Vulcan 900 and 2019 HD Freewheeler (current)
14,868 Posts
Guess the old saying, "you play, you pay" really means something this time.

Reactions: Boog and Yamaha Pat

·
Registered
2008 V Star 1300 Tourer
943 Posts
Washed the bike, Had every thing ready took about 2.5 hours, Groceries were delivered at 9:30am, had to wait until about 10am to start washing it, detailed it as much as i could without jacking the bike up.
Bike is 14+ year old it ain't gonna look new. Bike is so subtle and wallpaperish that it really looks about the same to a guy on the street. Didn't really get excited about it although i did it very efficiently.

Bike is so subdued to begin with it's like background music. wallpaper... doesn't look much different
clean or not... :whistle:

Anyway, i washed it, the old girl is still running good.

Pics from today:
Table Rectangle Creative arts Art Personal care

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Automotive design

Automotive tire Plant Tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood Automotive design Tire

Tire Fuel tank Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Tire Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Wheel Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Fuel tank

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motorcycle Hood Motor vehicle

Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
2008 V Star 1300 Tourer
943 Posts
Washed the bike, Had every thing ready took about 2.5 hours, Groceries were delivered at 9:30am, had to wait until about 10am to start washing it, detailed it as much as i could without jacking ther bike up.
Bike is 14+ year old it ain't gonna look new. Bike is so subtle and wallpaperish that it really looks about the same to a guy on the street. Didn't really get excited about it although an did was it very efficiently.

Bike is so subdued to begin with it's like background music. wallpaper... doesn't look much different

Pics from today:
View attachment 120943

View attachment 120944

View attachment 120945

View attachment 120947

View attachment 120948

View attachment 120949

View attachment 120950

View attachment 120951

View attachment 120952

View attachment 120953
cont.

Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Light

Tire Wheel Crankset Motorcycle Bicycle tire

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Fuel tank Automotive lighting

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Grille

Vehicle Fuel tank Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Motorcycle

Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Sky Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

Land vehicle Cloud Sky Vehicle Mountain

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
Washed the bike, Had every thing ready took about 2.5 hours, Groceries were delivered at 9:30am, had to wait until about 10am to start washing it, detailed it as much as i could without jacking the bike up.
Bike is 14+ year old it ain't gonna look new. Bike is so subtle and wallpaperish that it really looks about the same to a guy on the street. Didn't really get excited about it although i did it very efficiently.

Pics from today:
View attachment 120943

View attachment 120944

View attachment 120945

View attachment 120947

View attachment 120948

View attachment 120949

View attachment 120950

View attachment 120951

View attachment 120952

View attachment 120953
Looks great to me! Wish I could hire you to do that for my bike! All that matters is that you’re happy with it. No negativity here. Positive vibes only, especially when talking about our bikes. 😊

6121 - 6140 of 6150 Posts