Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've done a lot to my 1100 so far, 18" solid rear wheel, 21" Harley front wheel, 10" bars, grips, exhaust, pegs, seat, paint, lowering kit, tail light, tidy tail, AIS delete ect ect. What should I do next?
(In the last pic the tail light is slightly hanging down as my temporary double sided tape didn't hold but it ticks up in there perfectly now).

·
Registered
30 Posts
Did you get rid of the rear signals all together? And what type of taillight is that?ive been having trouble finding after markets tail kits, or much of anything for that matter.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you get rid of the rear signals all together? And what type of taillight is that?ive been having trouble finding after markets tail kits, or much of anything for that matter.
Yes I run no turn signals at all. In my state I can get away with hand signals no problem. The taillight is for a Sporster iron 883 custom. I cut out all unnecessary plastic in the rear and basically did my own custom tidy tail.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I was think that would be about my only option as well.. Thinking I'm gonna leave the factory tail light but cut the excess plastic off under it and mount an l bracket to hold my plate on.. Turn signals I was thinking of using some that mount where the existing rear bolt is for the fender brackets. They would act as the bolt as well similar to the ATTached pic.. But I need new fender brackets and can't find any anywhere cheap

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
I saw another v star yesterday that might have been a 1300 and also a warrior that had the tail lights like I want. I wonder if they would match up. If not I wonder how hard it would be to put a fender from one of those on my bike.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts