Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't been on here in awhile, and I can't find information anywhere. Hoping someone on here will.

Last December, I went to the NYC international motorcycle show. I stopped stopped at the Yamaha both to show a friend a model I want. I get there and the bike wasn't on display (road star). I asked someone at the v star booth what happened to the Road Star and she said that it's no longer in production. I then noticed that the Roadliner, Stratoliner and Stratoliner Deluxe weren't there either. Those models have also been cancelled. She then told me that all those models are being redone.

Again, I have been searching the internet for any information on this but couldn't find any. Would anyone on here know what's going on with the Road Star, Roadliner, Stratoliner (both models)?? Are they getting updated? If so, what upgrades are they getting and when will they be coming back??

·
Registered
600 Posts
There are rumors that they will announce a new "touring" model in May or June. It's May so nothing so far. They are being very tight lipped about it but here is a pic of what is said to be a "mule"/test bike. Your guess is about as good as anyone's.

On a side note, just had lunch at Quaker Steak and Lube yesterday in Pohatcong. Made my way back through Phillipsburg and Easton via the free bridge. The Star Chapter 386 rides out of Tri City Powersports on Schoenersville Road, Allentown, PA just off of Rt. 22. I am a new member since last July or so. Join us for a meeting if you want, 4th Saturday of the month (the 23rd in May) at Tri City.

Attachments

·
Registered
491 Posts
There are rumors that they will announce a new "touring" model in May or June. It's May so nothing so far. They are being very tight lipped about it but here is a pic of what is said to be a "mule"/test bike. Your guess is about as good as anyone's.

On a side note, just had lunch at Quaker Steak and Lube yesterday in Pohatcong. Made my way back through Phillipsburg and Easton via the free bridge. The Star Chapter 386 rides out of Tri City Powersports on Schoenersville Road, Allentown, PA just off of Rt. 22. I am a new member since last July or so. Join us for a meeting if you want, 4th Saturday of the month (the 23rd in May) at Tri City.
That's a sexy bike! But I'm gonna stick with my 99' V-Star 1100 for a while.

·
Registered
894 Posts
If Yammy can come up with a fuel injected V4 tourer without an 8 track player I might be in.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Yes is that you riding the black beast with full face helmet. If thats you i like that type of bike😀
Nope not me. That is a pic that was posted online as a suspected prototype for the possible new Yamaha/Star touring model.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts